Chapter 71

Uhm... Huh?"

"Ok, let me rephrase that." I say while sitting up again to look at him. "Am I still allowed to be your maid?"

"Of course. But why would you want-"

"Just to have a reason to stay here, like I said I don't like staying here without being able to give you something back."

He pulls me back into his arms and breathes out. "You can work for me if you want to but I wouldn't mind if you don't. Like I told you a while ago, you can work as my maid if that's Ok for you. Work as much or less as you want, I still have another maid... That means for a while since I'm not keeping her. But that doesn't matter. Like I said, do what you want. This is your home and I want you to be comfortable."

"Hm." Was this a 'Ok, work for me' or 'Nah, don't do it?'. Trying not to think about it I get back to my spot in his arms and snuggle myself into his chest, letting out a sigh.

"Comfortable?" He asks and I can literally hear him smirking.

"It's alright." I reply with a sigh. "Could be better but I'm not complaining." Like seriously... What's wrong with him?

He lets out a soft chuckle before pulling me closer to himself.

"Also..." I start off but immediately regretting it.

"Also?"

We both get up again and I brush back a strand of my hair while trying to avoid his gaze."I have to tell you something. But I am not quite ready to tell you now."

He lifts up my chin with two of his fingers, forcing me to look at him. "That's alright but why are you so worried about it? Wait, you're not going to tell me that you actually are an alien, are you?"

I look at him with my are-you-serious-look and can't help laughing when he mocks me. He starts laughing too but suddenly I feel myself being lifted and when I open my eyes again I find myself sitting on his lap.

"W-what the-" I try to protest but he lies his finger on my lips while offering me a small smile.

"Why can't you tell me now? What are you afraid of?"

I sigh and lean forwards, letting our foreheads rest against each other. I place both of my hands on the back of his neck and look him in the eyes.

"I guess I really should tell you now but I can't. I am really sorry... I just can't." I whisper. "You have to promise me something."

"Whatever you want, my love."

"You have to promise me not to hate me and not to be mad at me."

"How could I ever hate you?" He asks while cupping my cheek. "I promise that I won't get mad."

"Good." I whisper before slightly leaning back in order to look at him. After a moment I lean back in and place a small kiss on his left cheek. "I will tell you about it next time we see each other. Let's have a little nap before I leave."

I crawl off his lap and snuggle myself into the blankets.

"Can't you just tell me now? Next time we see each other could be in weeks!" He whines while huddling against me and placing his arm around me waist.

I place my arm on top of his and smile. "Then make it quick."

I hear him groan and chuckle a bit. "Not fair." He keeps whining but to no avail. He places a kiss on my cheek before lying down too.

After a while I open my eyes again and take my phone to look at the time.

"Almost time to go." He muffles. "We have an hour left now get back to sleep."