Chapter 56

I look around and find myself in a forest.

Is this real?

I look down at myself and notice the white nightgown I'm wearing.

No, it can't be. I was in John's garden before and I was wearing my maid outfit. Is this a dream then?

I notice a woman walking around with something in her arms. Curious of what it might be I follow her. She keeps looking back, almost as if someone is following her. She looks scared.

After a while she stops in front of a big hollow tree. She places the bundle of cloth in which a baby seems to be inside, into the tree and says. "I love you so much, my baby girl. But it is too dangerous for you to be with me. Oh my gorgeous Amanda,..." She gasps and turns around. Not seeing anyone she looks back to the baby. "The night and darkness will be leading you back to me, my child."

She gets up again and runns away.

Still shocked I force myself to walk over to the baby.

Amanda...

I look at the baby and it smiles at me. I see a tag and turn it around. It says "Amanda Silverstone. Please, whoever finds her, take care of her."

Amanda Silverstone...

"You had to know it, I'm sorry." Says the voice of Martha but she is nowhere to be seen.

I hear other people comming closer so I walk back to my hiding place. I duck down and see a man and a woman covered in blood as they hold the baby and start laughing.

"I guess this is her daughter. We should kill it." The man says but the woman slaps him.

"No, we can't kill a baby. Let's give it to my sister and her husband, the Black's. That'd be enough." Now recognizing the voice I stumble backwards. "N-no... i-it can't be..." How is this possible? Why? Why... "Auntie." I whisper to myself as a tear runns down my face. 

The only human I think I ever loved, if I ever loved anyone... turns out to be...

God why?!

They should've just killed me back then!

I see them both leaving again with me in their arms.

"Anything else I have to know? Is that why you keep saying Open your eyes? Because you want me to see the truth? Then why? Why do you want me to know the truth? It won't do me any good. It takes everything I had away! So tell my why are you doing this?!"

She appears in front of me and offers me a sad smile. "Amanda... you still don't know anything. But remember. Remember the words I told you and remember the words your mother told you. It is important for you to know, to finally remember, to finally understand."

She disappears again all along with my surroundings and I let myself fall back. 

Back to black. I think, letting out a laugh.

The night and darkness will be leading you

Did she mean my visions? I keep falling back to this nothingness but everytime I do I find out more about... anything. So all I have to do is...

Remember

I get it. I already know everything... I just have to remember.

Closing my eyes I let everything come to me, flashes of the past. God and bad ones alike.