Chapter 44

Amanda's pov

"Do you want me to make you one?" He asks.

Without hesistating I reply. "No."

"Why not?"

"Why should I want to live forever? Eternal pain and... living for the rest of my life as your maid-" We both start laughing. "I mean life already seems to last for too long. Why should I torture myself longer than I have to."

"Alright. I hope you'll change your mind though." He whispers, staring right into my eyes and making a weird feeling appear. "I wouldn't want to search for another best friend in a few years."

"Well... we'll see." I trail off. "So? What actually is true then?"

"About vampires? Everything and nothing-" He says but I cut him off.

I groan. "Can't you just answe my question like a normal human being?" He opens his mouth but I lift my hand, continuing. "I know you're not but still."

He sighs, throwing himself back on the bed. "You're no fun. So... where do I start?"

I lie down beside him, resting my head on my hand and looking at him. "Just start with the beginning." He glares at me so I continue. "Like... how old are you actually, where did you live and how did you become a vampire? and what I originally wanted to know, what is actually true about vampires."

He let's out a laugh and stares at the ceilling. "So all of this isn't actually just wanting to know how to kill a vampire but also how my miserable life ended and became even more miserable. Do I have to watch out for you trying to stab me in the middle of the night then?" He asks looking at me and raising an questioning eyebrow. "Why do you want to know so much about me anyway? I don't know a lot about you either, do I?"

"No you don't. But at least you know that I am human and you do know how the human body works. In that point I'm just curious. And as for wanting to know things about you... well sorry that I want to get the person I have to spent the rest of my life with."

"Tell me about yourself first then. You actually have a point so why don't we tell each other about the crap that we have been through?"

"First you tell me about your abilities and stuff." I say not giving in to him.

"Fine. Ask anything about vampires and I'll answer that question for you."

I think about my first question before asking. "You don't burn in the sun. Why?"

"You don't burn in the sun either." He states and I can't help but frown. "Sorry I just had to." He laughs out. "Anyway. I do not burn in the sun because old vampires like I simply don't. That's because we know what to do in order not to burn."

I look at him curiously, waiting for him to continue. After a few moments I get too impatiend and ask him. "And that is?"

"You have to sacrifice a human every full moon to the goddes. Humans call it death and fear it but we praise it. It's the reason we were able to come back to life. Actually there is a legend. The legend of how it all started...

It all started with our God, we call death. Back when he was alive, he lived along side with normal human beings. But he was different. He was the first of his kind. No one could kill him. He was fast and strong and never got ill. Other people were afraid of him which is why he started not to be around humans anymore. He only came around when he had to. And that was when he was hungry. 

And tha's the downside of his power. Only blood could satisfy him.

He killed men, women and children alike and without any mercy. No one could ever stop him. People were afraid of him and gave him the name death. They started to believe in other gods and assumed he was the so called devil.

After everything he had done and the way people thought about him he wasn't able to ever live a human like life again. Centuries passed leaving only more pain, chaos and destruction behind. Death was only an empty shell. A working mechanism without a soul and not knowing what to to with its life.

One day he attacked another village and as usual everyone was afraid of him. Everone but one woman. The most beautiful woman he ever laid his eyes on. She wasn't scared of him. She even smiled at him while he was standing in front of her, covered in blood.

And that woman was none other than my mother."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey<3

I hope you like the new chapter:)

And thanks to all of you. The silent readers, the voters, the commenters. Thank you all so much for your support<3 It really means a lot to me

Also it is more than just awesome to read comments saying you like/love this book :) it makes me really happy and cheers me up after having a bad day and yeah... thank you very much<3

Also tell me what you think

and stay awesome<3

Mel<3

PS: does anyone know if I am able to log into wattpad while being in china?