Chapter 5

"Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Amanda
Happy birthday to you" He sings as I sit there not knowing what to do while my face turns pink. I don't know why... maybe it is because no one did that for me in 13 years but when someone sings a happy birthday song I never know how to act.

We both laugh and I thank him once again. We now are back where we were before but we now have a pie, dishes, wine and glases with us.

"I know this pie doesn't have any candles but make a wish anyway." He says smiling at me.

"Okay then." What do I wish for? Hm I don't know... oh. I got something.

I wish I will never see anyone of my family ever again.

I smile at that thought but come back to reality when John gives me a piece of cake.

I take a bite and... oh my... this is soooooo damn good. Apple pie is my favorite but this one is like the best thing I ever ate. Maybe I am just thinking that way because I didn't eat anything good in a while now and the last thing I had was... a piece of burned bread...

Of course my dearest kidnapper would give me other food too so I would stay sexy enough for him to rape me but that stuff didn't tease like food... I still am wondering what it was...

But this... oh my god! It is so perfect and I can't hold back a moan that quickly escaped without me being able to do anything against it.

I open my eyes and look at the now chuckling John "This is so good. I love it." I say, stretching out the word 'so'.

"I'm glad you like it. Now take a glass and enjoy the sweet taste of one of the best wines you can find on this planet."

I take my glass which is already filled with wine and take a sip "Oh my. This is good." After a while I look at John and realized he was staring at me all the time with an amused look plastering his face "I-I'm sorry. I just haven't had anything that actually tastes like food in god knows how long."

"That's alright Amanda. I enjoy seeing you happy on your birthday. I'm glad I've met you."

He is so nice... I guess I could actually see this as my new home.

I smile shyly whispering "But I guess I am more glad that you ever will because you literally saved my life."

"No problem, love."

I turned red because I didn't think he could actually hear what I was saying.

We stayed there and talked a little when he suddenly says "Excuse me for a moment. I'll be right back."

"Okay."

With that he was gone and I awkwardly looked around the room not knowing what to do. After what felt like ages he finally came back and I let out a sigh of relief.

He sits down next to me and hands me a small box saying "Here. I'm sorry that I couldn't go anywhere to buy you an actual gift but I guess this will do its job. I hope you like it and happy birthday, Amanda."

I look at him in surprise mumbling "Wow you really got me a present."

"Of course I did. After all it's your birthday."

God I should really watch my mouth because it seems like he can hear everything...

I open the box and find a silver bracelet with little diamonds in the center ring. "This is so beautiful! Are you sure that I can keep it?"

He lets out a lough furrowing his eyebrows "Why shouldn't you be able to keep it?"

I hesitate before answering "I don't know but it looks very expensive."

He simply smiles and shrugs.

For the rest of the night we continued to talk and drink and eat. After returning to my room and taking a shower I put on a night gown from out of my closet and jump on my bed to let sleep take over me.

*

My eyes flutter open and I get up with a smile, knowing that this isn't all just a dream. I take a hot shower and put on my maid costume that lies on my bed when I get out of the shower.

Once I am dressed I head to the door, leaving my room. Before trying to search for John he already appears next to me looking a little stressed.

Well, at least I don't have to search him.

"There you finally are. Took you long enough. Go get me some coffee and bring me a ham sandwich or something." He demands not even looking at me. "And after that you can start cleaning the house. You have time till 9pm and if I need you in between I'll call for you."

Looking at the clock on the wall that shows it was 10am already I panicked "B-but John! That's impossible! To less time and-"

He stopped in his tracks turning around giving me a cold glare that burned into my eyes. Scared of what he might do I back away which was useless because I was backing into a wall. "It's 'Master Lockwood' to you." He turned around leaving me behind yelling "You have time till 8pm!"

Bipolar!
My inner voice sings and I mentally slap it.

It's my boss you're talking about! And I don't even know why I called him John... I only do that in my thoughts... but still you're right. His sudden change of mood is really frightening...

* * * * * * * *
Heyo♡

Love you guys and chapter 5 is there! :) I hope you like it♡

So...

cuddle♡

Hug♡

Vote♡

Comment♡

Share♡

Yours Mel♡

PS: thank you @arleinbacate for adding this book to your reading list<3

and thank you @uschi88 for voting<3