Chapter 64

"What are you doing?" I ask him while throwing my arms around his neck, afraid that I might fall down.
"I can walk on my own perfectly fine, you know?"

"I know that, my little sunshine. But I want to take you somewhere. Now close your eyes."

I let out a sigh before giving in and place my hear on his shoulder while closing my eyes.

I open them again when he tells me to do so, only to find us both in front of a cave. He let's me down and we both walk inside.

"And what are we doing inside of here?" I ask curiously.

"Just keep walking."

We keep walking for a bit until I see the light on the other side. "What is this place?" I wonder.

"Go and see for yourself."

I let go of his hand and step outside. I protect my eyes from the bright light while the wind blows through my hair. I look around and smile to myself. It is a nice clearing with some flowers and in the middle of it lies a blanket with a picnic basket on top.

I hear Johnathan stepping beside me and send him a glare.

"You like it?" He asks with a smug face.

"And what exactly is this supposed to be?"

"My present for you. Since we won't be able to see each other ever again, I thought this might be a nice surprise for you." He replies.

I pull him over, so he is looking at me and say "You know it's not my fault. My dad wants me to marry him. I have no say in this-"

"You never even tried to say no." He says cutting me off. "I thought you love me and yet you'd rather stay with that Redshed guy for the rest of your life than even try to fight against it for the slightest chance of staying with me."

"There is no point in even trying and you know that. Christopher Redshed is the man I am promised to and we both know the reasons for that."

I kind of dislike that I have no idea what I am talking about nor that I can't even do anything against that but I have to say that this is really interesting.

Seems like that 'friend' I met earlier is either a vampire too or just has the same name with his ancestor.

"Yeah, I know. Because of some weird belief in your family and your crazy ritual to be reborn and that the family of this Redshed guy have something your father needs for that ritual. All of this making your marriage nothing more than a deal. But could you really live with yourself?"

"I guess you just don't understand. Because my family believes in this, the life we are living now becomes less important and if I have to sacrifice the chance to marry who I want in this life, my parents would just tell me that I will be able to make that choice in my next life.

And yes, I do think this is unfair but what should I do? There is nothing I can do and there is nothing I will do.

I was raised to believe into this and I do believe. And the hope of maybe... Being able to marry you in my next life makes me strong again."

He turns away from me and squeezes my hand a bit. "But how am I supposed to find you? And for how long do I have to wait?" He turns to look at me again and continues to talk. "Martha, I don't want to wait. I want you now and not in a hundred or maybe a thousand years.

I would wait if I really had to but I'd rather just rip this guy's head of and marry you."

I turn around to look around before replying. "You know... Even if I know or maybe because I know that you would really do that, your speech was quite romantic or at least the sweetest thing anyone ever said to me."

He pulls me into his arms, hugging me while I hug him back.

We walk over to the blanket and sit down. He pulls out some fruits, a bottle of wine and two glasses out of the basket and hands me one of the now with red wine filled glasses.

After a while of talking, eating and drinking he brings me back to my home.

"Take care of yourself." He says with a sad smile.

"I will." I whisper before pulling him closer to me and placing my lips on his.

Once I step inside, my father comes. "My daughter, where have you been this time?"

"Don't worry about it, father. I did nothing unforgivable nor will I try to fight against my marriage tomorrow. I accepted that Tomorrow everything will be different and that I won't be able to choose who to marry in this life. May my next life be better."

"May your next life be better, my daughter. Now have a good rest. It's quite late already."

I walk up the stairs and follow the corridor leading to my room. I enter my room and lock the door. I spot a with hot water filled tub and smile.

I walk over to my desk to write a letter.

To Johnathan Lockwood.

Dear Johnathan,

I am really sorry for not being able to spend this life with you but just like I said before, I accepted that I won't be able to choose whom to marry in this life. I accepted that in this life I will never be able to be happy and I accepted that I don't even have the chance to fight against marrying a man I don't even know. I accepted all these things but that doesn't mean I can live with them. I love you and only you.

May my next life be better.

Martha

I take the paper knife lying on my desk and get up. I undress myself and get into the tub. I lie down and relax myself.

"May my next life be better." I whisper to myself before cutting open my wrists in a vertical line. I let the paper knife drop to the floor and watch the blood leaving my body until I pass out.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey :)

Here is the new chapter, I hope you like it

Next update will be when I wake up aka no idea when 😂

Well, see ya

Mel<3