Chapter 40

I clench my fists and breathe in for the last time in my life. I feel the cold blade tuching my throat and hear his heavy breathing next to my ear. I feel the blade cutting through my skin and the blood running down but then the blade and the heavy breathing disappear. I open my eyes and tuch my throat.

It was just a scatch. But why? I turn around to see Mary fighing against that man who seems to be a vampire too. I guess he belongs to that clan.

"I'm sorry. I'm a little late." She says while kicking him in the balls. "I thought Ludwig wanted me to come to him but he wanted me to stay with you. He knew this sucker was here. I'm so sorry, Amanda." She looks at me for a moment offering me a smile which I return. "But I'm glad that I came here just in time. I guess John would've been pretty mad with me if you died."

"I don't think so. But thanks anyway."

"What are you trying to say?"

"That I will never care as much about me as he cared and still cares about his dead mate. He wouldn't be too bothered if I died. Besides... we don't know eachother for long. It's been nine days."

"Nine days and you already are a couple? You must be really special considering the fact that he diddn't let anyone near him for 400 years. That means except for food and us for some rare family meetings. Other than that, he is out killing the rest of the Blackville clan so that they can't try to kill you again. So you can survive. If he wouldn't care about you then please tell me why he would do all of these things."

"Maybe to payback for her death... I don't know. Maybe he does like me but maybe he doesn't. I don't know. What I do know is that it is complicated and you don't know enough about our situation to tell if he likes me or not."

"Ladies. That's enough drama for now. Can we just fight in peace till one of us dies without this little girls conversation? Thanks a lot." He says but pays with another kick in his balls and a puch in his face.

"Will you shut up." Mary mutters. "Where were we... right. What situation could you possibly be in that could makê such a big difference in his behavour?"

"I'm in no position to tell you. If you want to know that you have to ask your brother. " I reply with a smirk.

"Oh come on. Don't be such a tease." He kicks him in the stomach making him fly against a wall. "I guess that's what he likes. You're not giving him everything he wants are you? Well that's more fun." She turns around and winks at me.

I sigh. "If only you knew..." Well being his maid I should do what he tells me to do and yet I've gotten myself into serious trouble not listening to him... ops? But why should he like that?

I continue awkwardly standing there and watching them fight. Sometimes it seems like he would win and sometimes it seems like he would die. She punches him again but he doges it and throws her against a wall.

Should I run?

She lies there unconcious while he stepps closer, pulling out a stake.

No! She is going to die! It's my fault, it's my fault. it's my fault. It's all my fault. If only I wouldn't be alive.

She can't die. Not because of me. I was ready to die! But if I move now... he kills me before I am abre to grab a twig to attack him with.

He rises his hand and just when he is about to stake her, she opens her eyes ripping out his heart. She holds it in her hand the blood dripping down her hand and a smile plastering her face. He looks over to his hert and then back to her and collapses.

But for some reason I hear the sick sound of a sharp object cutting through flesh and a groan. I run over to Mary and roll the dead man's body away. I pull her closer to me and start crying. "Oh no, no, no, no. D-don't die! Don't die!" I wrap my arms around her body not willing to let go of her. "This is all my fault. I'm so sorry. I-I should be the one dying and not you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey<3

I hope you like the new chapter:) 

opsi? sorry. I'm late again. Fell asleep... again xD 

Well this chapter is became longer than expected which is why I had to cut it into two... well... but chapter 42 is going to be in Johns pov <3

<3

Mel<3