Chapter 45

"Your mother?" I ask curiously.

"Yes. My mother. She was the only human being that wasn't scared of him. He killed everyone but her, He took her with himself at first not knowing what to do with her.

They sat there in his cave and just stared at each other. Him still covered in blood and her smiling at him. She turned out to be his mate. His one and only. The one thing he needed to be happy. They got to know each other and became a couple. After a while they even adopted a boy.

Ludwig.

A feew moons later she realized she was pregnant with Death's child. She was so happy. All of them were but the pregnancy turned out to be hell. For her. Since she still was human and the baby was not... it soon went terrebly wrong. The baby ended up almost killing the mother and Death did everything he could to convince her she should give up on the baby. But she refused to. She wanted to give birth to this baby no matter what.

And that's what she did. She gave birth to a boy and a girl. Two children she was able to hold in her hands and to kiss. But giving birth to a pair of demons was more than just energy-sapping. She already was weak before giving birth. With the last bit of strength that was left inside of her she called her boy Johnathan and the girl Mara.

That boy was me.

And the girl my sister.

We were the reason she died."

I look at him but he avoids my gaze. It makes me feel bad to see him like that. I don't even know why. Maybe I do care about him. Maybe even a little too much. After all he still is an ass. 

"I know it won't change a thing but... I'm sorry for your loss. And I'm sorry thant you think it is your fault-"

"It is my fault." He insists. "But I did not tell you that for you to pitty me. Back to the story.

My sister and I were half demon and half human. But she had more of a demon than I. She was just like father and didn't care about human lifes while I did. Because of never knowing my mother and growing up with two people that never understood me I felt lonely. 

One day I found a lost puppy wandering around in the woods. I felt sorry for it and figured it must feel just like me. Lonely. We played together all day and met again on the next day and the day after that. We both grew up and the sun started hurting me more and more. One day the puppy turned into a human right before my eyes. She was just like me. Different than the rest and alone.

I told her my secret and we became even closer friends. But one day my sister followed me and attacked my friend due to her lack of respect in front of other living creatures. She killed my only friend. But she was able to bite my sister. The bite turned out to be her death. I was left alone with my father. A father that din't want me at all. He wanted my sister back. Of course he loved me too but never as much as her. Her death drew him insane. He didn't want to lose anyone ever again and got a witch to help him.

He killed Ludwig and I that night. In the light of the full moon. Brought back to life by the blood of a witch, a wolf, a human and a demon. The deadly mixture was what killed us in the first place but also was the reason for our return. It  felt like going through hell. 

One moth after the ritual the sun started to burn my skin and for the rest of the month I wasn't able to leave my cave at day time. My skin would burn and my blood would boil. My dad told me it was due to our boosted up senses. On the next full moon Ludwig and I killed a human each leaving it in the light of the moon without drinking the blood. After that our father would do something to them that would transfer their ability of walking in the light of the sun to us.

Centuries passed by and Death got mentally instable again. Having Ludwig and I would never fill the gap. One day he went to another village killing everyone but one girl. this girl was Mary. Like mom she wasn't scared of him. He tuned her into what later was called a vampire too but soon realized she wasn't like his mate. He couldn't live anymore and did something no one was expecting. He told us that he stored the spirit of our mom in a parallel world he created and wanted to enter that world himself. 

In order to do that he had to leave his body behind. And that's what he did. He used the power of a comet and killed himself. Before he died we had to drink his blood, making our own a cure and deathly poison at the same time.

From that day on we were able to create new monsters that almost were like us. It was a gift from Death that we never had to feel the pain of losing someone we love.

But we would still burn in the light without sacrificing a human to death. Every full moon we would kill one and on the next day it would be gone. All along with the pain of the sun tuching our skin.

And that my dear is how we do not burn in the light."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey<3

I know this chapter is quite long 

I hope you like it:)

Have a wonderful day<3

Mel<3