Chapter 43

John's pov

I sit down on my bed, resting my head on my palms.

How did this happen? How can my sister- my dear sister be dead now? We lived more than a thousand years together and now she is gone. Forever gone.

She was just our vampire sister but that doesn't mean that she means less to me than a sister would.

In fact Ludwig isn't my brother either. We were turned into vampires by the same man, our father. I guess that makes us siblings.

Back when I was human I had a sister too. She died. She died too. Why does it all have to happen again? Why do I have to always feel so much pain?

It feels like every time something like this happens a piece of my soul is being ripped apart from me. Forever lost. Until it's all gone. Forever.

And I can't do a thing.

All I can do is watch. Watch horrible things happening day by day, driving me insane with no chance of ever finding a cure.

I sigh and get up again. I walk over to the window looking outside.

The cool embrace of the darkness. The beautiful darkness, an unknown attraction.

It would be so much easier to just give in.

To lose control. To lose my mind.

"I'm sorry." Amanda whispers. I turn around to look at her but she avoids my gaze. "I am so sorry. This shouldn't have happened."

"Amanda, this isn't your fault-"

She looks at me again and yells "Yes it is!" She takes a few breaths before continuing "Don't you dare use the same words she used. I know it is my fault. He tried to kill me. And if she didn't try to stop him she would still be alive-"

"And would that make any difference? There still would be someone dead. But what's more important than all the what ifs that won't change a thing anyway, is that the Blackville clan still is out there ready to attack us again and to kill someone I care about... again."

"And what now?" She asks.

"I don't know." I sigh. "Maybe having a few drinks and then going to bed or something."

She nods, walking over to our bed and sitting down. "Can we talk?"

"We are talking right now, aren't we?" I state with a smirk on my face.

She rolls her eyes before continuing. "You know what I mean. I want to ask you a few questions. I wasn't able to ask them before because I never found the right time to do so and now that I figured there never be the right time to do so... I'll just ask it now."

"What is it you want to know?" I ask curiously, sitting down next to her.

"You're a vampire, right? Then what actually is true? Because you don't seem to have problems with the sun but you do drink blood. And I'm pretty sure that you do see yourself in the mirror."

"What makes you so sure that I do?" I raise an eyebrow curious at what she might reply.

"Easy. If you wouldn't know how you look like you wouldn't be such a d*ck. You look good and you know you do." She says while pointing at me.

"Be careful Amanda. I think you just made a compliment."

"Ha ha funny." She says staring at me. "But I guess as your only friend left on this planet I should make you a compliment every once in a while." Amanda sighs, dramatically stretching each and every word.

I frown at her. "Don't point out the obvious. It is awkward already to say l only have one friend left. And a human friend not to mention."

"Well... make me a vampire" She replies with a challenging smirk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey<3

New chapter ready for you :) hope you like it<3

tell me what you think and stay awesome<3

Mel<3

PS: thanks for +10k reads and #25 in the ranking<3