Chapter 38

Amanda's pov

"So... how old are you then?" I ask her curiously after sitting down next to her.

"Oh..." she breathes out and giggles. "Pretty old, you know?"

I sigh "Mary... why does no one in your family ever gives me an answer to that question? What's wrong with telling me your age? You all know that I am 19 so what are you afraid of? That I'm making jokes about you being so old you should be dust my now or what?"

"You're right. I should just tell you. I am the youngest of us and am about 1000 years old. I was turned into a vampire at the age of 18. And about my brothers... if you want to know their age you have to ask them yourself because I don't have the right to tell you."

They... all are more than a thousend years old? Oh my... that's really old. But still... why is it so big of a deal to them? They are weird...

You're not better.

I never said that so shut the hell up.

"Well since you're alive for quite a while now tell me what century you like the most."

"You know. Every century had its perks. 1000 years ago you of course had less knowlege about the world and the universe but you had legends to believe in. You had all the world to dance in and feel free. Of course it was pretty dangerous but the world still is. The medieval times were pretty nice too. That means if you're rich. I loved the dresses and still do. The way boys tried to win over their ladies. Even if it was all dark and cruel and most people were married because of contracts, it was still a nice time to live in. And then there is the present. You have loads and loads of technology and anything you could possibly think of and day by day it gets more and more, making less things impossible. But to answer your question. I don't have one. I loved and hated all centuries alike."

After she says that we just sit there in silence not knowing what to say. But after a while I find myself asking that one question I really want to know "What was she like?"

Mary tilds her head to the side asking "Who?"

I sigh, getting upfrom her bed and walking over to a window. I stare outside and continue speaking "You know? His one and only. John's mate."

"Oh, her." She exclaims "W-why do you want to know?"

"I don't know" I say shrugging my shoulders "Maybe because everyone is still talking about her even if she died 400 years ago. I assume she must have been really special. That's why I want to know."

"Well I understand that. I really do but I am in no position to do that. It was John's mate so he should be the one to tell you." She pats my shoulder and grabs my hand draging me away "Come with me."

God what is it with these vampires. Do they only use their speed to scare people?

But suddenly her grip tightens and she pulls harder making me squese my eyes shut until we come to an halt. 

God she finally did use her vampire speed.

Opening my eyes I start walking around staring at all these beautiful plants and the temple like achirecture of the new building we seem to be in. Taking a closer look at the plants I figure that most of them I haven't seen before. "Awsome." I breathe out. I look up to see the roof covered in beautiful paintings. 

Angels, clouds and the sun on the one side of the roof and the further you walk inside of this temple like building, the darker the colours and motives get.

"You haven't even seen the cool stuff yet." She says

What could be even more awsome than this? I wonder following her anyway.

The plants are getting bigger and bigger while the lights hanging from the high roof seem to dimm more and more with every step we take. But maybe it's just the plants closing up over our heads, not letting us see much of the beutiful paintings anymore. With the big plants and heat surrounding us I start to feel like wandering around in a jungle, which isn't as nice as you may think considering the fact that both of us are wearing long dresses with long sleves.

The heat, moist air and the tight tied tress are making it harder and harder to breathe but I still keep on following mary. "When are we there?" I ask curiously.

She stops walking saying "Ludwig called me. I'll be right back."

"Called? I diddnt hear anything." 

She turns around smiling at me "Vampire senses, dear." With that she is gone and once again I am alone.

"Great." I mutter. 

I suck in a breath and turn around. What was that? I hear the rustling sound again, followed by a pair of footseps comming closer.

"Who is this?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey<3

I hope you like the new chapter<3

pls tell me what you think :)

Oh and I guess I'll write John's pov every few chapters from now on. Idk yet if I'll do something like "Every fifth chapter will be his pov" but well... we'll see :)

plus: my godness 0.0 this book is #30 now and has +4.9k reads. this is so frekin amazing 0.0 I don't even know what to say. Thank you<3

I know I may be annoying you xD but this is just to awsome to just shut up about it xD

love you guys<3

Mel<3