Chapter 39. Practical joke.

Me and Amber went to the school cafeteria, it stays open late on Thursdays for the boys at practice. Me and Amber had a latte each and we say and watched the boys practice football techniques in the rain. We stood under the protection of the seats which have hoods.
"So, I know you have a rough idea of what makes you want, but any definites?" I asked excitedly.
"Me and Chris both want Mitchell if it's a boy, to honour his auntie Ellen." She laughed.
"Oh god no, auntie Ellen." I giggled.
"But for a girl? I like Faith, Chris likes Hope. We both wanted a name like that in the hope that with a little bit of faith we can bring everyone back together."
She smiled but I was well aware of how cress fallen she was.
"That's cute but, we are going to need one hell of a miracle baby to do that." I muttered. Matt had been kicked off the team, once coach Woods found out Matt had been smoking (not just tobacco either). He said that it was unacceptable at his age, he is lucky he didn't call the police and that no athlete does that kind of thing. Matt didn't seem to bothered. Chris took it harder than Matt, because now they don't really see each other.
After practice I waited outside for Bennet. I'd seen all of the football team leave except Bennet and Chris. I saw Jason come out. He tried to talk to me, but seeing the panic on my face, Riki dragged me away to talk about anything. Amber was right, Riki has the hots for Zack and I'm positive Zack feels the same. Me and Amber made it out mission to get Zack and Riki together by the end of the year in time for the formal. Chris came out with his hair damp and a towel around his neck. His shorts hung lowly on his waist.
"Ugh! Chris! Put some clothes on!" I yelped as I covered my eyes.
"Sorry, but I do have the body of a Greek god." He complimented himself.
"Yeah, the god of hamburgers." I smiled.
"Cheeky bitch." He laughed. "Where'd Amber go?" He asked looking around.
"She is waiting outside your car. Why are you and Bennet taking so long?"
"A shower is not a shower without at least three songs of karaoke." Chris joked. I shook my head but laughed.
Chris put his shirt on and packed his bag in the doorframe.
"Bennet says to go in, don't worry, it's just him." Chris winked, he then strutted off to go to Amber. I stepped inside the boys locker room. It smelt of after shave, footballers and grass. Absolutely delicious.
I looked around but couldn't see anyone. When you walk in you face a few urinals and toilets. Then you pass a wall leading you past the showers and then to the lockers. I was just entering the lockers and I couldn't see Bennet anywhere.
"Bennet? Where are you? If this is some kind of joke it's not that funny." I called.
"Who said it had to be funny?" A husky voice whispered in my ear. A small smile tugged at my lips but I tried my best to keep it hidden.
"Jokes are supposed to be funny." I responded.
"Then it's not a joke." He basically groaned in my ear. Quickly, his hand wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me into his chest.
"Bennet!" I squealed in surprise.
"What? Afraid of a little practical joke?" I could sense the smirk on his face. I could tell he wasn't wearing a shirt and he had recently got out of the shower because his body was warm and a little bit damp. A few drops of water fell from his hair into mine.
"You're making me wet."
"Good."
"Not like that!" I backhanded behind me, I hit his arm.
"Ow!" I heard him exclaim from behind me.
"That was uncalled for." He sulked.
"What's uncalled for is how you're holding me right now." I once again tried to hide my smile.
"But you love it." He laughed quietly in my ear, his head nestling in the crook of my neck. He began kissing my neck gently, his hand staying wrapped around me, one on each hip. Our breathing was in time with the others, both of us breathing heavy and fast. I placed my hands on his as he tightened his grip around my waist. I gripped his hands that were gripping my hips and in that moment, I never wanted him to let go of me.
"Bennet..." I tried to whisper even though it came out like a soft moan.
"Yes?" He wasn't any better because instead of whispering he basically groaned.
"I... I-"
"BENNET! Hurry up and get out of there the cleaners have their jobs to do!" I heard Coach Woods shout from the door.
"Yeah sir!" He called.
"Well get out then!" He yelled as he walked into the room, in front of him stood a half naked Bennet holding me in a 'definitely more than friends' position.
"Um, Ellen? I'm not sure if you saw the sign but this is the boys locker room." He stated awkwardly. I looked down at the floor. I tended up, however Bennet must have felt me do this because he let go of my hips and held me hands instead. I relaxed a bit more at his touch, but I still wanted to run away and hide. Coach raised his eyebrows at me to which I responded.
"I'll just go then." I whispered before rushing out feeling myself go cherry.
"Bennet, hate to cock-block you but erm, don't you think you should wait until you get home." I heard coach scold.
"Sorry sir, it won't happen again sir." Bennet said. Coach then walked out as I stood waiting outside awkwardly. He smiled at me before disappearing round the corner.
"Jesus Christ that was awkward." Bennet laughed as he came out, still without a shirt on. Still not complaining though.
"You're telling me, where's your shirt?" I asked.
"Checking me out now huh?" He chuckled.
"Maybe, but you still aren't wearing a shirt." I laughed. He shrugged before grabbing one from his bag and putting it on.
"Let's go get your stuff for the night! Or two if you want." He winked at me as we stepped out of the sports area.