Chapter 3.- In the locker room.

The day was uneventful after that. I got given an after school detention for punching Jason in the face but it was worth it. I was heading to my locker to grab my last few books when my phone vibrated.
Zack: massive fight in boys locker room. Jason&Bennet involved. Both be in DT.
Perfect.
I turned up and Zack was right, they were both there. I still had a bit of a sore knuckle from earlier but it looks like Jason received the most damage. As I laid eyes on Jason I saw I had left my mark, he had a cut on his nose with a bruise surrounding it. I was proud of my art work. I then changed my line of vision towards Bennet. I couldn't see his face from his black Nike hoodies hood covered his head. He rested it on the table and looked asleep. His black skinny jeans wrapped his legs nicely and he had black vans on. I dare say he looked really hot. Slowly I walked to the sign in board and signed my name. I averted my eyes in Jason's direction and I saw his nose wasn't the only thing beaten black and blue. He also had a black eye and he held his shoulder. It wasn't noticeable from a distance but he also had a cut lip. I sat opposite Bennet's table and next to Jason's.
It took half an hour for Bennet to finally lift his head. He was slightly battered and bruised but not as badly as Jason. He also had a cut lip, a swollen cheek bone and a small cut on his head. We stared at each other briefly and I smiled at him. He smiled back. I then looked down and chewed my lip.
The detention was finally over and the first thing I did, like we both do when one has had a detention, I phoned Zack.
"Zack!"
The words are hello but how can I help you boo?
I smiled at the stupid nickname.
"Listen to me kitten pickles, I need to know what exactly happened in the locker room." I heard him laugh from the other end at his nickname.
Why?
"Jesus Christ, just tell me Zack!"
Basically someone brought up the scene you created earlier on the football pitch when you punched Jason. Jason said how you most definitely didn't mean what you said earlier. I pulled my leather jacket over my shoulders and turned around to say something but as I did right, Bennet gave Jason an upper cut and cut his lip and before you know it the two are at each others throats. I had to drag them apart. That's when someone snitched and they got put in your DT, now tell me why this piece of information I bestowed upon you is so key.
"I saw them and they looked beat up and I wanted to know what happened and as you were there I asked you. Now you've told me. See you later, yeah?"
Yeah sure, bye.
He hung up and I put my phone in my pocket. I was stood in the car park because I thought my brother was picking me up. That's when my phone vibrated and I checked my it. He texted me saying he had already had a few drinks so couldn't pick me up. Guess I'm walking.
"Ell?" I turned on my feet and saw Bennet approaching me. I smiled at him.
"Are you waiting for somebody?"
"I was but they bailed on me so now I'm walking." I laughed because I should've expected this. My brother hasn't had a sober day in weeks. I joke about him being an alcoholic but it is most likely true.
"Oh, um, would you like a lift? It's a motorbike so I hope that's okay but it's faster than walking right?" I laughed slightly.
"Yeah that would be great. I've been on motorbikes before. Zack lets me drive his every now and again." He nodded and he started walking towards the bike section of the car park, I followed close behind.
"What's the deal with you and Zack? Are you guys like an item? I see you in town on Friday nights at the movie theatre sometimes and you are always together so I just guessed."
"There is no deal. We aren't an item we're just best friends. We have been for a while. I've been single since Jason in the sum-" I drifted off realising how much of a mistake he was. I stopped walking and just kind of zoned out.
"Ell?" I snapped out of it and smiled at him. He looked concerned but I shrugged it off. I told him my address.  He drove me home and I thanked him.
"Wait Ell!" I turned my head to face him. "Can I, er, can I have your number?" I smiled at him and grabbed a pen from my bag with a piece of paper, I wrote my number on it and handed him the paper.
"Text me later yeah?" He nodded and smiled. I turned and I walked in to my house. I noticed my dads car wasn't on the drive so it was just me and my brother. I put my keys in my bag and went to my room. I sat on my bed and got out my biology homework. I thought I'd start it now so it's done. I sat at my desk and plugged my headphones in. I was listening to Imagine Dragons song 'release' when my phone went off. A number not recognised text me.
Hey Ell, it's Bennet, how are you?
I smiled at the text and replied with: "I'm good thanks, I was just starting my Biology homework."
I carried on and within 10 seconds my phone went off again.
I can leave you to it if you want
I replied with: "No it's fine, you are much better than biology any day."