Chapter 14. You'll see.

Ell's POV.

I came back and Bennet had a strange look on his face, he hadn't seen me yet and he was just staring at the floor. I stood in front of him and he still didn't see me.
"Bennet? Are you okay?" He looked up at me. He slid his phone in his pocket and clapped his hands together.
"Everything is fine." He said quietly as he opened my car door for me and I slid in. I knew he was lying to me, and I knew something was up, I didn't want to push it though. There has been enough awkward silences already. We were nearly at the beach and it was around lunch time.
"Bennet? When we get to the beach, can I get the tattoo straight away, I don't want to be sick because I've just eaten or it get infected because of the salt water." He drummed his fingers against the steering wheel to the song that was playing.
"Yeah, you don't have to do this if you don't want to." I looked at him. He was staring straight ahead onto the empty road that seemed to have cleared up and his hair was all disheveled but was somehow sexy at the same time.
"I will, what am I getting done?" I asked out of curiosity.
"You'll see." He simply stated. I stared at him for a while unsure on what he was going to do but I let it slide, it's not as if it's going to be a sleeve or anything. We drove the majority of the journey that was left in silence until the last ten minutes. He opened the windows because it was so hot. I've always had a thing for letting my hand drift away in the pulling force of the wind as my arm pushes against the edge of the window. He looked at me and laughed. I looked over and shrugged my shoulders, I laughed as my hand made the ocean wave movement against the wind.
"What are you doing?" Bennet asked through laughs.
"I have no idea, it's just my thing." I laughed, he continued to look at me as I laughed making motions with my hands. We pulled up at the beach and I hopped out of the car. The hard breeze hit me and I smiled as I smelt the sea air and heard the squeaking of the seagulls. I went round the back to the trunk of the car and Bennett opened it. He pulled out a bad and pulled a pair of trunks out of it.
"Look me in the eyes and don't lose contact with them." He said I drowned but I looked. I didn't look anywhere else. He took his shirt off and replaced his trousers and boxers with his trunks. They were plain black, something I noticed before our eyes made contact.
"Okay, you're good." He said to me. I shook my head but didn't move. I was stuck, I couldn't move, I don't know why, I was just frozen.
"Ell? You okay?" I shook my head around and smiled.
"I'm fine, lets go." I said as I picked up the towels and started walking away. But I lied. He lied about him being okay, I lied about me being okay. I couldn't tell him. I didn't have it in me. We walked down the beach for about a minute before he picked a spot with two sun beds and a parasol. I laid both towels down and he placed the bags down. I began to tie my hair up, I didn't want salt water in it. I noticed how empty the beach was for a Friday. Then I remember, I bunking school off for this. I sat down on the sun bed and began applying sun cream, Bennett did the same.
"Bennet?" I asked as I turned to look at him. He made a 'hmm?' Sound.
"Is it okay if I get the tattoo later?" He laughed and nodded. I laid down and thought I would catch a few sun rays and try and absorb as much summer as I can, after all, it's almost over.
2 hours after I started sun bathing I felt some water dripping on my legs. I sat up and saw Bennet dropping in ocean water.
"Coming?" He asked me, meaning the ocean. I thought about it.
"I don't know." I said as I stood up so I didn't feel so small. He stared at me for 5 seconds.
"Thinking time is up." He said as he picked me up and slung me over his back.
"What the heck?!? Put me down Bennet!!" I tried to sound threatening but that's very hard when you're upside down laughing. Before I could start my next sentence he flung me back over and dropped me slowly and then all at once into the ocean. I was laughing uncontrollably at what just happened. The water gently crashed against my waist.
"You're an ass you know that?" I laughed at him. He smiled and took a small bow.
"One of the perks of knowing me." He smiled. I shook my head and walked closer towards him.
"You know, it's just you and me over here. None of your friends. None of mine," I said as I finally got to where he stood. I placed my hand on his chest and stared at it. Sharply, I lifted my head and stared at him.
"We could do whatever we want." I said as I slid my finger down his chest and down to his V-line. I saw him tense up and study me closely. He lifted his arm and wrapped it around my waist and he pulled me closer. He lowered his head down to mine.
"Oh yeah?" He whispered in my ear.
"Yeah." I smiled as I pulled back and splashed him.
"Fuck Ell!" He said out of shock. He splashed me back. We both stopped and stared at each other.
"Can I ask why you did that?" He asked me. I smiled sweetly.
"Never drop a girl in the ocean without biting her dinner first." I winked at him.
"At least buy the guy one X-Box game before he has to look after you all night and the day after.
"Correction!" I said as I began walking out further. Then I turned to him.
"You did that but voluntarily!" I said to him. He smiled and walked towards me.
"Hilarious Miss Mitchell, but you shouldn't have got into such a state."
"But you shouldn't have been at the party in the first place, it was a school night you know."
"I could say the same for you." He said to me. He got me there.
"Well you shouldn't have... Shouldn't have..." He raised his eyebrows at me.
"You shouldn't look so good without a shirt on!" He laughed. That was really bad. He came up to me really close.
"Why? Do you like it?" He teased. He pushed himself against me.
"Because if that's so, Miss Mitchell, I can tell you for a fact, these muscles aren't just for looking good." He said as he smiled at me.
"So tell me, Mr Peters, what else can they do?" I smiled as I pushed myself further against him.
"Well they can do this." He said as he lifted me up bridal style.
"Oh my! Mr Peters. Where are we going?" I laughed.
"You'll see." He smiled as he carried me out of the water.