Chapter 34. Asstown

After spending 4 hours at the police station, I walked out with Jake to his car, Blake left after he'd been questioned and went to the hospital to find out Marco's situation. He was fine, he suffered 3 broken ribs from being kicked by Jake and several bruises on his stomach. He also had a broken nose curtesy of me. Jake opened the car door for me and I sat in the car.
"I'll take you home, Jason's friends should be gone now so it'll be okay." He said to me before he started the car.
"Jake?" I asked turning to him. He looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile.
"Thank you." I whispered.
"Anytime. I know I say I hate you, and that Jason should move on, but you're an all right girl, I just don't want someone as sweet as you getting hurt by the asstown that is my brother." He smiled. I laughed.
"Asstown?"
"He's such an ass he's a whole towns worth of them." I laughed at him as he started the ignition. He pulled out of the space and we drove 10 minutes back to his place. When we pulled up outside I didn't move.
"Ell?" Jake asked.
"What did I do?" I cried quietly.
"Nothing, why are you asking such a question?"
"I don't know what I've done to deserve all the bad things that have been happening to me." I said bursting into tears. Jake reached across the seat and held me gently.
"Nothing, it's just religions way of saying that this bits hard, but if you survive this, you have great things coming your way." He told me reassuringly. I released myself and wiped my eyes.
"You're a great sort of brother Jake." I smiled.
"You're a great sort of sister Ell." He smiled back. I picked up my bag that Jake had brought back for me. Politely Jake opened the door for me again and I stepped outside thanking him. I walked to the front door. I noticed Christina's car wasn't there.
"Where's Christi-"
"Taking Jolene to a friends house." I nodded as Jake opened the door. Jason was stood in the hall way looking panicked. He then saw me and a wave of relief washed over him.
"There you are, it's nearly half 8, where have you been?!?" He yelled at me.
"Shut the fuck up asstown." Jake growled at him. Jake took my bag and hung it up for me. He then hung my jacket up. I thanked him before heading towards my room.
"Have fun with my brother Ell? It seems you have because you've got him wrapped around your little finger. I know I was an ass earlier but that doesn't mean you have to sleep with my brother!" He yelled. I stopped in my tracks and looked him. My vision became blurry and the bile rose in my throat. I felt a tear fall down my cheek.
"What did I just say Jason? If I tell you to shut up, you shut up!! She didn't sleep with me. While you were busy bailing on her, she was at the police station. Without you!" Jake yelled grabbing him and pinning him against the wall. Jason looked at me.
"Why were you at the station?" He asked me, completely ignoring the fact his brother held him by the collar against the wall.
"You should know Jason, if you want her so bad, you need to know everything. You need to be there and you don't bail like the asstown you are!" Jake yelled in his face.
"Jake calm down!" I shouted. Jake took a deep breath and real eased Jason, he scowled at him before turning to me.
"I'm going to go shower." I whispered. As I walked to my room I caught the end of their conversation.
"Why was she at the station? Why didn't you tell me?" Jason whisper yelled.
"She nearly got fucking raped Jason, and you weren't fucking there." I heard Jake walk away. Then I heard Jason's footstep head towards my room. I picked up my pace to get away from him. I grabbed 2 towels from the airing cupboard and ran into my room. I grabbed my hairbrush and looked around the room panicking. I spotted my toiletry bag and reached for it.
"Ell?" I heard from the other side of the door followed by a knock. I froze as I placed my hand on the bag. I picked it up slowly and began edging towards the bathroom door.
"Ell, I don't know if you are in the shower or not, but if you aren't, we need to talk. Now." He said sternly. I opened the bathroom door silently and stepped inside. I closed the door gently avoiding as much noise as possible. I laid my towel down first creating a cushion for the other things to avoid lots of noise. I turned the shower on and removed my clothes. I never liked that shirt anyway. It made me look fat. And those jeans, the colour was fading. I don't need these clothes anymore. I kicked them across the room. I climbed into the shower and began to wash myself over and over again. No matter how many times I washed, I couldn't get his scent off of me. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw his face. Every silent moment I heard his voice. I let the tears fall freely down my face.
"I don't know what I've done! Why did I have to lose both of them?!? Why did he want me?!? Why couldn't I fight back?!?" I wailed in the room. I heard my words repeat in the echo of the bathroom. I stayed sat in the shower for an eternity. Actually, I don't know how long it was, but when I got out my fingers were shrivelled, my skin red and my hair tangled to the point were I couldn't even brush it. I got changed into some comfy clothes and sat on my bed. I stared at the wall for a long time, the door knocked.
"Come in." I tried to speak but it came out as a mere whisper.
"Hello Sweetie, Jake and Jason told me what happened today, you will be pressing charges, I think. Do you want to?" Christina asked as she walked into my room. I stayed silent, I didn't know what to say.
"I am positive that whatever you chose to do, will be right for you, remember Sweetie, I'll always be here for you." She smiled. She then turned to walk away.
"Mrs Armstrong." I called. She spun around quickly.
"Yes dear?" She asked.
"Do you think the police are going to want my clothes? The ones I was wearing?"
"Most likely dear, where are they? I will dispose of them if you would like?"
"They're in the bathroom, that would be nice. Thank you Mrs Armstrong."
"Please darling, call me Christina." She spoke politely. She walked out of my room, then returned with a plastic bag wearing rubber gloves. I frowned at the gloves.
"You will get wrinkles sooner than you expect if you pull that face," she smiled "I would rather not contaminate police evidence." She said. She walked into the bathroom, she came out with clothes in the bag. She gave me one last smile before exiting the room. I was back to staring at the walls. I'll never sleep again.