Chapter 36. You're lucky.

"Ell, you are going home!"
"Noooo!" I yelled trying to grip onto a lamppost as Amber dragged me to her car.
"Ugh! You're so annoying, come on!" She yelled whilst trying not to laugh. That's when I fell back and landed on my bum. I started laughing and fell on my back causing me to laugh more. After I won beer pong and had at that point consumed 8 alcoholic beverages, I called Matt over who gave me 5 shots before I threw up in the toilet. Amber followed me and held my hair back and we'd joked about how she'd been doing that while Chris held her hair up.
"Ell, please get up." She sighed.
"But the stars-" hiccup "are so prettyyyy!" I trailed off the y.
"Jason!! Help your girlfriend up please!" Amber called and I sat up instantly. I turned around and saw Jason walking out of the party.
"No! Not him!" I whisper yelled to Amber. She glared at me as I stumbled to my feet. I had taken my heels off earlier and Amber held them so I stood bare foot on the pavement.
"Ell, look at the state you're in." Jason sighed, "I'll take it from here Amber, after all she is staying with me. Oh, and she isn't my girlfriend, yet." He smirked and shot a wink at me, I scoffed but I do miss our relationship. Amber nodded and chucked the shoes my way, I tried to catch them but failed miserably. I turned to Jason, or Jason's because my vision had gone a bit blurry and there were three of him stood in front of me.
"Which ones the real one?" I giggled. He shook his head and walked towards me. I smirked evilly.
"What?" He asked me. I giggled. He got about a meter away from me when I took a step back.
"Ell, I'm not playing, you're too drunk for this." He smiled holding back laughter.
"Come and get me pretty boy!" I giggled.
"So I'm pretty now?" He smirked. I glared at him. "What's in it for me?" He asked. I contemplated that for a moment before a lightbulb hit me.
"I'll give you another chance if you can catch me." I smiled, his playful mood changed and his face now bearing determination.
"And if I don't catch you, I will, but say I don't?"
"Then you have to hook me up with whoever I choose." I slurred. The fresh air sobered me slightly but not enough.
"Game on." He laughed.
"Oh this isn't a game, this is war." I joked fighting laughs. I sprinted across one side of the garden to the other, avoiding gnomes and pots. Jason was obviously not trying too hard. I knew he would catch me eventually. That's when he cornered me.
"Shit." I cursed. He smiled at me.
"Who's winning now?" He teased, I looked around as he grew closer, his arms out wide.
"Me." I laughed as I crawled under his legs. Being the tipsy human that I was at that point, I struggled to stand up again. I stood however but lost my balance and began to fall backwards. A pair of strong arms wrapped around me, and a face buried in the crook of my neck. The face moved and the lips moved to my ear.
"I win." A husky whisper groaned in my ear. I turned my head and met Jason's eyes.
"You win." I smiled, "I knew you would." I grinned widely. His eyes flickered down to my lips before leaning in closer. I shut my eyes and closed the gap between us. We kissed each other gently for a few seconds before we separated.
"Ellen, I know I won the 'war' but I need to formally ask you, will you be my girlfriend, again." He smiled.
"Jason, I would love to be your girlfriend, again." He then picked me up bridal style and carried me towards his car. He opened the car door before putting me inside, he closed the door as I put my seatbelt on. He climbed in next to me and started the ignition. Gently he put his hand on my thigh and turned to me, offering a kind smile, before he started driving.

I had fallen asleep in the car and only awoke when Jason had picked me up and carried me into the house, it was about 2 in the morning and he carried me to my room.
"You're back late." I recognise Jake's voice.
"Yeah well I was busy."
"I know that look in your eye Jason, you just got her back, I swear to god though Jason, this time if you hurt her I won't hesitate to hurt you. She doesn't deserve to be treated like you treat her. She's a nice girl, she is kind and beautiful and smart, she doesn't need a bastard like you fucking that up." He slurred.
"You're drunk Jake." Jason said as he opened my door.
"So are you." Jake slurred.
"I'd say I'm fine considering I just drove back here and haven't had a drink all night." Jason snapped back. He laid me gently on one side of the bed as he folded the other side of the duvet over. He then put me on that side and tucked me in.
"I don't care how much I love you Jason, you know you're an ass right?" Jake mumbled.
"Of course." Jason said. I heard his footsteps head towards my wardrobe. I heard him open it, he probably put the shoes in there.
"You're lucky Jason."
"I know."
"Lucky to have a girl who would do anything for you." Jake said as Jason walked to the door.
"I know she would, which is why I'm making it my mission to treat her right this time. You don't know how much it hurts looking at her and knowing how much I ruined her."
"But I do Jason." Jake slurred, "you forget what happened between me and Gem."
"I don't forget big brother. I just know you don't like talking about it."
"I think we should let E sleep." Jake said walking away.
"Goodnight Princess." Jason whispered before shutting my door. I pondered Jason's words, then Jake's. I remember what happened with him and Gem. They were engaged and one of the happiest couples ever. Then she got pregnant and wanted to abort it. Jake didn't, they argued for ages, Gem tried to leave by storming out. On the way down the stairs she tripped and fell. She lost the baby, that's when she realised she wanted it. Jake blamed her for so long and refused to try again in case history repeated. Jake tried to get back with her before me and Jason broke up but Gem rejected him. They work at the same place, I understood what Jake meant when he told Jason he knows what it's like looking at someone and regretting everything. I owed Jake a favour for saving me. And now I know how to make it up to him.