Chapter 38. You never know who's going to die next.

After I'd gathered myself up, Bennet walked me around the school until we found Amber, she had just had a meeting with the councillor.
"Bennet, is everything alright?" Amber said as she looked at his arm that had been glued to my waist since we left the cafeteria.
"Jason cheated on her. We were in the cafeteria and behind us he was kissing some bitch I didn't recognise." He whispered in Amber's ear. She nodded and gave me a sympathetic look.
"I'll, um... See you later, text me later on? Please?"
"Of course." I smiled at him. "Thank you Bennet, I really appreciate what you've done, to help me back there and for my fathers funeral."
"You know I'd do anything for you Ell, don't ever think I won't." He gave me one final squeeze before he left me with Amber.

Bennet's P.O.V.

As I walked away leaving Ell with Amber, I had a disgusted feeling left within me. Jason claims he loves her, but in one weekend I showed her more love than he ever has. Regrettably, I left Ell alone for the first few weeks after our weekend, Jason said that she was his and I wasn't to touch her. I was stupid, I should've told him she isn't an object and she can do what she wants. I could easily take on Jason, but I don't plan on it. I've never seen Ell cry so much. I knew that she would have to face him sooner or later because she lives with him. I should've asked her if she wanted to stay at my new place. After my 18th birthday a few weeks back, I'd inherited everything from my parents now I'm an adult. All the money, the businesses, the house, the cars. Everything, needless to say I had money to spend. I wasn't however going to waste it. I bought a new house, a new motorcycle and a few other things here and there. I allowed my uncle to continue his management of the hotel, but I owned it. As for my parents other business, I owned that also. But obviously I'm not prepared for all that, so I let the previous owner continue his management. Overall, it's unlikely I will be short of money for the next few years. Allowing Ell and Blake to stay free of charge wasn't just for good will, ever since the weekend we spent together I knew it was more than friendship I had in mind. As great as my life was going money wise, things weren't so great family wise. One of my Aunt's children died in a car crash last month. I kept it a secret everyone to be honest,  I told Ell but that's about it. I don't want their sympathy. I know I've lost my parents and my sister, my cousin on top of that, I don't need pity to drag me further down. It feels like I'm drowning, but I never die. Like a massive wave of guilt, sadness and anger washes over me, each time I get a bit of oxygen it drowns me out again. I wasn't sure how much more of this great depression I could carry. But seeing Ell like that today made me want to stay on this planet a little longer to ensure that she makes it through. Just like every other person in my family, I had my will written the day after my birthday, just in case. With my family, you never know who's going to die next. I went and found my best friend Riki who I'm positive has a thing for Ell's best friend Zack. And surprisingly enough, Riki was with Zack. I wasn't sure what Zack felt about Riki though so I tried to refrain from saying anything about their obvious chemistry.
"Alright mate." Riki laughed as we 'bro hugged' (that's what Ell calls it).
"Hey, Zack did you here about Jason and Ell?" I asked him. I noticed he had left the cafeteria before shit hit the fan.
"No, what happened? Is Ell okay?" He asked concern lining his voice and it being noticeable on his face.
"She's fine now, she came to talk to me and we spoke about us kissi-... I mean something," Zack raised his brow at me protectively. "Then we turned around and Jason was kissing some other girl. Ell was a mess but I helped her find Amber and I think she's okay." I finished. I watch the anger boil up inside Zack.
"He fucking did what?" He growled lowly.
"He cheated on her." I mumbled.
"I'm going to kill him!" Zack roared as he rushed past me.
"Shit! We should probably avoid death at the moment." Riki exclaimed running after Zack. I followed them but not as fast paced. I quickly pulled up Ell's number and rang her.
"Ell?"
Hey Bennet, is everything good? Missing me already? It's only been about 5 minutes. She laughed sarcastically.
"Zack found out what happened, he's gone mental."
Fuck, do you know where he's going?
"To find Jason probably."
Okay, let's hope we find him first.
"Ell?"
Yeah?
"I just remembered, you have to stay at Jason's right?"
Mm yeah, don't remind me.
"If you wait for me after practice tonight, we can pick up some of your stuff and you can stay at my new place. If you like."
Yeah, I'd like that Bennet. Thanks and thanks again for earlier.
"No problem, anytime for you, see you in a minute."
Yeah, in a minute.
I ended the call and ran to find Jason or Zack before another shit hits the fan.
I ran to the field and it wasn't hard to miss where they were. I just followed the shouting.
"I'll murder you boy." Zack thundered at Jason.
"Oh yeah? Id like to see you try, take away that leather jacket and motorcycle and you're just as intimidating as the rest of us." Jason smirked.
"Really?" Zack said pulling his jacket off and squaring up to Jason. Jason was clearly out matched. Jason was big but Zack was bigger. "Come on then, prove it!" Zack shouted at Jason. Jason sent his fist towards Zack's face but Zack grabbed his fist. He was crushing it in his grasp bringing Jason to the ground.
"Give me one reason to not break your hand." Zack snarled.
"Because this is the hand I'll use to finger a bitch later." Jason laughed. Instantly in my mind I knew that was a bad move and ran towards Zack.
"Fuck!!" Jason screamed in agony as Zack crushed his hand within his grip.
"Zack enough!" Ell shouted as she pulled him away.
"Yeah dude come on, it's not worth it." I whispered pulling Zack away.
"Go near my best friend again and I'll rip your throat out with my bare hands." Zack snapped. I followed Ell who was walking behind Zack.
"Ell!" She spun around and saw me, her face relaxed.
"Bennet." She smiled. "I forgot to say me and Amber are getting coffee after school but I can meet you back here."
"Ell don't be silly, I'll watch football practice because Chris is playing obviously." Amber chirped. I didn't even see her standing there.
"Guess I can then, see you later." She smiled.
"Later." I returned.