Chapter 30. Coming here was a mistake.

The next morning I woke up and got ready. When I stepped outside my door I saw Jake walk past.
"Jake." I called. He completely ignored me and continued to walk.
"Jake?" I called again, this time following him. I called his name several times over but he refused to talk to me. I followed him all the way to the bottom of the garden, about 100m away from the house. He leaned against a post and stared at me. He pulled a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket. He pulled one out and put it in between his teeth. He then pulled out a lighter and lit the cigarette. He took in a long drag and the cigarette shrunk as he did so. He took it out of his moth and held it down by his legs. He then blew out a cloud of smoke in my direction.
"D'ya want one or something?" He asked me before putting it back in his mouth. I shook my head.
"I don't smoke." I muttered.
"Then tell me why you wanted to talk so badly." He said. Jake was clearly not a morning person.
"Why did you tell Jason?" I asked instantly.
"You said Jo couldn't tell, you didn't say I couldn't." He smirked.
"Does your mother know that you smoke?" I asked him with a smirk of my own.
"No..." He trailed off, dropping the smirk and turning it into a frown.
"Here's the deal Jake, next time something like yesterday happens, you don't tell a soul. Because if you do, I will tell Christina about you and your bad habits." He shook his head and scowled at me. He took one last drag of his cigarette and put it out.
"And you wonder why I hate you. You think I don't feel bad about telling Jason, I know you didn't want him to know. I don't know why, but if there's anyway I can make it up to you, let me know." He muttered as he walked past me. I sighed and looked down at my feet. I noticed my black converse laces had undone. I began to tie them up. I stood up and Jason was stood in front of me.
"What you doing down here?" He asked. I bit my bottom lip and looked at him.
"I... Um... I needed some air." I muttered. Jason gave me a sympathetic look. He stepped closer to me, our chests meet and our faces are inches apart.
"You're friends outside." He grumbled. I nodded. I looked up at him and he had his eyes closed.
"Hey?" I said, he looked up at me. "Are you okay?" He just nodded. I put my hand on his face. He turned away from me.
"Just, go and see Zack." He grumbled, turning to walk away from me.
"Is that what this is? Is he outside?" I asked. He nodded.
"Jason, trust me it's just friendship, we've been best friends since-"
"You were 3 years old, yeah I know. But I just don't understand what his problem is with me and you being together?" He spoke after he cut me off.
"He's just over protective, he stepped in as an older brother when mine went down hill." I whispered.
"I know, I'm sorry, I just. I... I don't know, forget I said anything." He said as he ran up back to the house. I then followed him, I didn't run though. When I got to the house, I picked up my school bag and went out front. Zack was stood by his bike. Helmet off, his hair disheveled, skinny jeans wrapping his legs tightly. His leather jacket hugged his muscular figure and he pulled off the plain white t-shirt look. Any other girl would swoon over the bad boy that is my best friend. Any guy would like the chance to fight him to see if they're compatible. Some girls may even want to try and see if they're half his strength. Not me, because I know, he is just a soft fluffy teddy bear on the inside. He was tapping away at his phone. My phone went off in my back pocket and Zack looked up smirking at me.
"I just texted you." He laughed.
"I heard that." I laughed back. He chucked a helmet in my direction. I caught it with ease and stood before him not moving.
"What are you doing here, Zack?" I asked holding the helmet under my arm like a basketball.
"Picking you up, obviously." He said as he straddled his bike and patted the area behind him.
"I'm serious, why can't you have just let me hitch a ride with Jason?" I asked him. He just pulled a sour face.
"Zack, you've got to stop with this." He just grunted. Knowing I wasn't going to get any further with this conversation other than plain grunts, shrugs and nods, I put the helmet on and clambered onto the bike. He sped off and within 5 minutes we were pulling up in the school parking lot. I took the helmet off and fussed about with my hair. I handed Zack the helmet and continued to walk to my locker.
"Hey, Ell?" Zack called. I ignored him, he needs to know that me and Jason are at least friends again now. It can't always just be him.
"Ell? Are you going to ignore me until you get your way?" He asked, I tried my best not to smile. He knew me too well. I stopped trying not to smile when he just said fine and turned the other way. He literally just walked away from me because I refuse to speak to him until he stops acting like a child. I stormed away angrily. I turned a corner and bumped into someone.
"Ugh! Watch where you're going you freak!!" I yelled without thinking.
"Sorry." He muttered. The boy quickly regained his balance and tried to walk away quickly.
"Oh shit, sorry I didn't know it was you." I smiled awkwardly. He just shrugged and turned in the other direction.
"Hey Bennet?" He quickly spun around and looked at me.
"Are you okay?" I asked, I was trying to make a conversation, we haven't had a proper conversation since the weekend we spent together. Also, I noticed several bruises on his face and when I looked at his hands they were covered in cuts.
"I think the person who should be asking that is me." I gave him a confused look. 1, because why should he be asking that question and 2 because he didn't answer my question.
"You know, er... Um, about your dad." He muttered.
"Oh." I hadn't really thought about that this morning. I guess, were I had a run in with Jake and Zack, the last thing I thought about was rolling around in my own self pity.
"I'm okay." I lied. Because bringing it up made me realise that I do need time to grieve. Coming here was a mistake.
"Good." He smiled and walked away. He knew I was lying, he just didn't want to talk to me. I don't know why, was it something I said?
"Hey Ell!!" Amber squealed as she ran towards me engulfing me in a hug.
"Are you okay?" She asked me after she released me.
"No, no I'm not. Coming here was a mistake." I whispered before I started crying. Bennet walked away, but I know he heard me, when I finished my sentence he stopped and turned his head. He stood and watched me break down. Then he shook his head as if to try and forget something he was thinking, before turning on his heel and walking away.

---- ------- -------- ------ ----- Hello everyone, totally understand if you want to skip this, I have a few bits of news. After this chapter, there are only 12 left, all of which I have written already so it's just a case of releasing them. Also a fair bit of warning, some of the next few chapters do contain a few 'mature scenes' some of which readers may find uncomfortable. I don't want to spoil too much, so in each chapter where something may distress or make readers uncomfortable, I have put in the chapter title if it may contain something like this. You will notice after a chapter has been added it may say in brackets sexual content, this obviously means there is a little bit of steamy activity. If this makes you uncomfortable, then feel free to skip it. Like previous chapters I have put the bold star * to show where this begins and ends. It may also say contains violence, I put this just in case that makes you uncomfortable as well. I really hope you guys are enjoying this book as I'm trying my best to make it good. Sorry this has been a long message, I would really like to hear your opinions on this book as well, so don't hesitate to comment and or vote (I am okay with negative comments as well, just try not to be too rude about it as your comment may be deleted). Also any errors please point out.
Thank you if you stuck it out through this message and thank you for reading TSBIMET.
Yours truly:
The author.
(Or Holly, if you want to call me that)
:)