Chapter 16. But I can have you.

My arm was linked with Bennet's as we strolled down the stairs. We walked into a great hall, decorated with fairy lights. Everybody in here was dressed well and very posh. I looked at Bennet nervously. He must've sensed my nervousness because he leaned down.
"You're fine. You're with me." He said. I don't know why but this made me more nervous. Should I be worried though? I feel like I should be. Bennet walked to a small man, he was rather round and was losing his hair. He wore a 3 piece black suit with a red tie. He turned around and saw Bennet and I, he had a cigar in his mouth. It wasn't lit, it just hung in his mouth.
"Bennet!! How are you?" The short man reached his hand out and shook Bennet's hand. Bennet wore a tuxedo, he had his hair done nice and he looked really sophisticated and handsome.
"Uncle Jones." Bennet said as he nodded his head at whom I presume is his uncle. His uncle cracked a crooked smile. He looked at me.
"And who's this lovely lady?" He asked in a quite common accent compared to everybody else here.
"I'm Ellen, but, please call me Ell." The old man reached out for my hand. I lifted it slowly and he brought it to his face.
"Nice to meet you, Ell." He said as he kissed my hand and dropped it slowly. I smiled at the man. Bennet watched him closely. I felt tension in the atmosphere and I wasn't sure why. I took my hand and touched Bennet's. I felt his hand relax at the touch of my hand.
"So Bennet, how is school?" The old man who Bennet referred to as Jones said turning to Bennet.
"It's okay, but maybe if you payed more attention, you'd know." Bennet said coldly. The poison of his tongue cut his uncle deep, his uncle recovered quickly.
"Bennet, we've had this conversation before. You can have it when you're 18, until then, I'm not allowed to help you out."
"I know. It just doesn't hurt to send a text though, does it?"
"No, but you know me Ben. You have for your whole life."
"Have I Jones? Have I really?" Bennet said with knives in his words. Bennet interlocked his hand with mine and we walked away. Bennet's hand gripped around mine as he lead me towards the bar.
"Bennet? Bennet? Bennet?!? BENNET?Are you okay?" I asked. Bennet stopped walking and turned to me.
"I'm sorry, I just, my uncle Jones is a very difficult man." I put my hand on his bicep. I looked at his green eyes and he relaxed a little bit.
"You're fine. You're with me." I said as I wrapped my arms around him. He completely relaxed and held me tightly.
"Thank you Ell." He whispered over the music. I moved my lips closer to his ears so that he could hear me.
"I save you, you save me." I whispered. I felt his smile against me and we separated. We walked over to the bar and Bennet ordered me a drink of vodka and Coke.
"I won't tell if you won't." Bennet said as he sipped his beer. Though we are both underage, Bennet was allowed to get anything he wanted, so as long as Bennet ordered my drinks for me, I could drink whatever. I quickly finished my drink, it has been a long day and really needed to let my hair down. I smiled at Bennet who had only finished half his beer.
"Wow... Shots?" He asked me, I smiled and nodded at him, he downed the rest of his drink and asked for the bartenders attention. Being the nephew of the owner, one of the bartenders forgot his current order and went straight over to us.
"Can I get 6 shots and a fishbowl?" Bennet said to the skinny man. The man had thin glasses and spiked up hair.
"Master Peters, are you sure that's a good idea?" The lanky man asked.
"It's a wonderful idea and if I don't get my drink soon Mr..." Bennet checked the name tag, "Harrison, I will be complaining to my uncle and shall see personally that you lose your job." Bennet finished. Harrison quickly pored out the shots and began to prepare the fishbowl. He handed the fishbowl to a waitress who followed me and Bennet to the VIP area. We sat down at a table and the lady placed the bowl down. I said thank you as she walked away, her ash blonde hair swaying as she did so. I turned to Bennet who had placed three shots in front of me and the fishbowl had one straw facing him and another facing me.
"This place is incredibly formal don't get me wrong, but what place doesn't serve fishbowls around here?" Bennet said and we laughed. I downed each of my shots and pulled a disgusted face.
"Jesus Christ!" I shouted. Bennet laughed at me.
The night went on followed by several more shots and a bottle of water to sober me up. Needless to say, I was extremely hammered.
"Alright Miss Mitchell, I'm taking you to bed." Bennet said. Either Bennet has magical alcohol deflecting powers or he is just really good. But then again, he didn't drink as much as me. Probably half as much as me.
"I don't need to go to the palace! I am a queen and I deserve to stay out longer!" I chanted loudly. Bennet had his arms around me.
"Shh! Oh god Ell! If you come upstairs, I'll buy you another drink tomorrow." He said.

Bennet's POV.

She was absolutely off her head. I couldn't think of anything to bribe her with but another drink. Reluctantly, she agreed and I carried her to the elevator. I pressed the button with her in my arms. I didn't want to let her go, I didn't want her to do anything she would regret, plus it's easier to keep an eye on her when she is directly below my eye. I looked down at her, she was staring up at me. We made eye contact and her ice blue eyes melted.
"Bennet?" She said as she lifted her hand and put it on my lips. I made a 'hmm?' Sound to let her know I was paying attention. The doors opened and we stepped in. I picked our level.
"You have really pretty eyes." She said I smiled. She poked my teeth.
"And a really nice smile." She said as she dropped her hand.
"But do you know what I like best about you." She said as she struggled out my grasp. I propped her on the ground and she stepped extremely close to me.
"I like your abs." She whispered in my ear as she slid her hand down my chest. My breath got hitched in my throat. I gripped her wrist tightly as it got to my belt, I held her there and stared at her.
"You don't want to do this Ell. I know you don't." I said piercing holes through her ice blue eyes.
"Yes I do. Just like you do." She whispered in my ear. I felt her lips graze my ear. I bit my bottom lip and moved back so I hit the wall of the elevator.
"You're drunk." I said. The door opened and I walked around her. I began walking down the corridor. She must have sobered up a little because she could walk in her heels now. Not completely straight, but I didn't have to carry her anymore. I reached the door and unlocked it. Before I opened it, she tapped my shoulder. I turned around.
"Kiss me." She said. I stared at her for what seemed an eternity.
"I can't."
"Why not?"
"I just can't. You wouldn't understand." I said, I knew she wouldn't even if I did tell her.
"Why don't you want me? Am I not pretty enough? Do you not like my personality? I'm handing it to you on a plate, why don't you want it?!?" She raised her voice at me.
"Of course I want it!! There is nothing wrong with you! You are perfect Ell. You are the most funniest, most beautiful and kindest girl I've ever laid eyes on. But I can't have you!" I finished. She once again stepped into my space.
"But I can have you." She said as she gripped my collar and placed her lips upon mine.