Chapter 6. What bit you two in the ass?

I went to break and met Amber. She seemed upset and even though I constantly badgered her, she refused to tell me. That's when Matt, Chris and Zack came over. Chris looked down and I could see the hurt in Ambers eyes.
"Well, damn! What bit you you two in the ass?" Zack chuckled sensing the same tension I was. I saw Amber's face scrunch up before pushing past Chris and Matt. She ran inside wiping tears and crying as silently as she could. Zack frowned at me and I shook my head before chasing after her. I could hear the boys asking Chris questions. I got just towards the girls bathroom and I heard several girls muttering things like 'why was she crying?' Guess I found Amber.
"Amber?" I could hear her soft cries. I quickly ran out and grabbed a door stop. I knew no one else was in here so I put the stop down and shut the door so no one could get in.
"Amber? No ones here but you and me and no one can get in." She remained silent. "Amber please speak to me." I heard shuffling and the sound of the door unlocking. She opened it slowly and I saw her tear stained face crumble. She sobbed and I hugged her.
"What's going on?" I asked her she lifted her head and wiped her tears away. She composed herself.
"It's a long story." I checked my phone.
"We've got about 35 minutes, do you want to go somewhere else?" She nodded and we walked to a separate class room.
"Me and Chris have been dating for a while, we didn't tell anyone because we didn't want to jinx it. A couple of weeks back, in the summer, we went to his parents cabin, we had some fun but I didn't think it would turn out this way!" I frowned, I was so confused. "I didn't want this Ell, I need you to understand that this isn't what I wanted."
"What didn't you want?"
"I think i might be pregnant." She let out with a sob. I really wasn't expecting that. "Chris wants me to keep it, but I don't know if I want it." I honestly didn't know what to say. I just hugged her.
"Right here's what you're going to do, you're going to go and see Chris and you're going to sort this out, then you're going to decide what to do, I will help you whatever the outcome, because you aren't alone in this. Okay?" She nodded. "Right, we're going to go find Chris now, I'm going to leave you two to sort it out, when you're done, you two come find me. Tell me what you're going to do and we will go from there, okay?"'she nodded again.
"Should I tell anyone?" She asked, she was so quiet it was barely audible.
"You tell your mum, there's me and of course Chris, but anyone else is up to you." She put her lips into a firm line.
"You can tell Zack, Chris and I will tell Matt but no-body else until we've made a decision." I nodded and hugged her one more time. We stepped out the classroom and still had about 25 minutes, we went outside and the boys were exactly where we left them, they stood in silence. I walked over and cleared my throat. They all spun their heads to look at me.
"Chris? Can you and Amber go have a chat please?" He nodded his head and walked to Amber. He hugged her and kissed the top of her head. She grabbed the corners of his jacket and sobbed into his shirt. He put his hand over her head and looked her in the eyes.
"Do you want to go over there?" She nodded and he put his hand on her lower back and guided her to a bench. They began talking and I turned to Zack. I looked to Matt who was looking at me, I looked back at Zack who was staring at me too. I inhaled sharply and looked to the floor.
"Did he, ur, did he tell you?" The boys nodded their heads together and I looked up biting my lip. Zack exhaled for a long time putting his hand on his throat and rubbing it up to his eyebrow before dropping his hand. Matt closed his eyes and shook his head.
"You know, I would've thought he would at least tell me they were dating, I'm his twin. We tell each other everything! I understand the growing foetus inside her part, but the dating thing, I know we knew. But he should've told me anyway, and he shouldn't have let it get this far. I didn't even know they went to the cabin." He looked really angry and mad.
"Matt there is no use being mad, it's not like they planned this. Besides, they didn't want to jinx it, if you spend your whole life without keeping secrets it makes you vulnerable, I'm sure they would've told us sooner or later." Matt shook his head and stormed off. I threw my body against the wall behind me and slid down it, Zack did the same. We sat there in silence and watched from afar the two converse their options. Several times did they have to stop so Amber could wipe her tears. I checked the time on my phone, time seems to have flown by because 15 minutes had passed and we had a remaining 10 before we had to go inside. I put my head in my hands and I felt Zack tap me on my shoulder.
"If they keep it, what do we do?" He asked in a hushed whisper. He was right, what do we do? We aren't even fully grown adults yet, she is only 17 and Chris is 18 next week. Wow. What a birthday present that was. None of us are ready for this.
"We support them. I'll help Amber, I'll make sure she does her exams, even if we have to keep it a secret. We make sure that they do what is best for themselves and for the baby." I looked over to Zack who was biting his lip.
"I'm going to find Matt." Zack stood up and walked in the direction Matt left us.
Guess it's just me then.