Chapter 29. Anytime Princess.

A couple of hours after I woke up, Christina had cooked some dinner, Jason had also come home. We all sat around the table in silence. Every now and again Jo would look at me and then Jason, with the same look on her face. She wanted to tell him. Every time she looked back at me I would shake my head. I hadn't realised but Jake had been watching me and Jo silently converse across the table. I only realised when I accidentally looked at him and he was staring at me. He was sat next to Jo who was across from me, Jason was sat next to me and Christina was on one end of the table. When everyone had finished eating Jake gathered all the plates.
"Ellen, would it be okay if you helped me in the kitchen? You know, help me wash up?" He quizzed.
"Silly boy, what do you think a dish washer is for?" Christina said.
"I don't trust machines." He said bluntly before turning to me. Everyone's eyes were on me, I nodded and stood up. I followed him to the kitchen and picked up the towel.
"You wash I dry?" I asked. He nodded. We stood in silence as we washed up, I then began to to put some of the dishes away.
"How are you feeling?" He asked me as I came back towards the sink.
"I'm okay." I whispered. I hadn't really spoken all day. I don't know if it was because I didn't want to, or I couldn't. My throat was sore from screaming so much. But I'm not sure if that's why I refuse to speak much. Me and Jason have barley spoke. I texted Zack my new number and a few others but didn't respond to any texts. Every message I received I deleted. What's wrong with me? I'm usually a social butterfly who knows everything and anything about everyone and anyone. But today, the last thing I want is to know everything.
"Ell, you can tell me you know?"
"Just leave it Jake, go back to the hateful person you are, it'd do me a favour."
"Why would that help you?" He asked.
"Because I know then you won't speak to me." I spoke at my normal tone for the first time since lunch break today. It was 9 pm now, we had a late dinner because of everything that happened.
"What were you and Jo silently talking about?" He asked me.
"Nothing." I whispered.
"Don't nothing me, tell me what you were whispering about."
"No." I spoke a little louder.
"Ellen!" He raised his voice.
"What's going on?" I heard Christina call.
"Nothing!!" Jake shouted not breaking eye contact with me. "Tell me... Now." He growled in a low voice.
"It doesn't concern you Jake." I said as I walked towards a cupboard.
"You're in my house, you do as I say, now tell me." He said more calmly.
"I had a nightmare earlier, it was so bad I was crying and screaming and Jo woke me up, I told her not to tell Jason. She wanted to, I shook my head to say no. That's it." I said as I put the last plate away and went to walk away. Jake grabbed my arm.
"I just want to make sure you're okay. Do you want to talk about it?" He whispered.
"Don't pretend you care." I spat before tugging my arm away and walking to the guest room.
A couple of hours had passed, it was around 10:30 and I was sat cross legged on the bed. I had been for about 2 hours. Jason came in to see me, he looked a little bit infuriated.
"Are you okay?" I asked him as he sat on the bed.
"No." He whispered. I shuffled closer to him. My legs touching his and I grabbed his hand. He looked at me.
"Tell me." I whispered in his ear.
"Jake told me about your nightmare." I remained silent, but I felt my hand tighten against his.
"You should have told me, what did you think I was going to do? Push you into the street because you had a nightmare? Ell, I need you to tell me these things so I can help you in the best way." I let go of his hand and said nothing. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but nobody understands. It's not as simple as she had a nightmare but that's okay. Because it isn't just one. I could have so many, the most I had in one night was 3. That's why I hate staying places. I'm afraid of what I could conjure up in my mind.
"I know how bad you get them, which is even more of a reason for you to tell me. Promise me you'll tell me if it happens again?"
"If you promise me." I whispered.
"Promise what?" He turned to me.
"If this doesn't work out, promise you still be there. Because I know I act like the worst sometimes, but you do mean a lot to me." I said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a tight hug. He kissed my forehead.
"I promise." He whispered. Just then Jo fell through  the door. She swung it right open and fell on the floor and Jake stood behind her. They both went wide eyed.
"Jake help me up!" She shouted.
"No! Every man for himself, abort mission!" He shouted running away. Jo stood up quickly before running after him shouting his name. Then I heard them get yelled at for yelling by Christina.
"Well, that wasn't weirdly awkward at all." Jason said looking at me smiling.
"Definitely not." I smiled laughing.
"Tomorrow, after school, I'm taking you to your house to get the remainder of your stuff. Then we are going to sort through everything with Blake. Then you two can decide what to do with the house." He said to me.
"Okay." I whispered. I'd had enough of talking about this now.
"Goodnight Ell." He said as he stood up. He began walking to the door.
"Jason, wait!" I called. He spun around quickly letting go of the door handle. I ran over quickly and kissed him on the cheek.
"Thank you, for all of this." I said smiling.
"Anytime Princess."