Chapter 26. 3 is a problem.

After an extremely weird English Lit lesson, I walked downstairs to a table in the cafeteria. I sat in silence until I was joined by Zack.
"Hey." He said politely to me. I smiled and whispered hi back to him. We sat in an awkward silence, he cleared his throat before leaning towards me.
"Please can we talk about earlier, I won't flip out this time, I promise." I inhaled slowly before nodding my head.
"Me and Jason are friends again, I know I said I hated him and all, but he seems kinder. Nicer and sweeter. It's like when you try a food but it didn't taste right, then the second time you try it, it's better than it was. I feel like if I keep trying, it will get better. I know you hate him-"
"To the core." Zack spoke through gritted teeth.
"Yeah, but I feel like it's going to work this time, if not us together but us as friends. If it doesn't work, then sure it's my fault and I'll except whatever pain I receive from it. But until then, I'm going to keep trying." Zack closed his eyes. He sighed in defeat before opening them up again.
"Fine." He held his hands up. "But don't expect me to pick up the pieces Ell, okay? I care about you but this will be your mistake, I won't clean it up aga-" he couldn't finish his sentence because he was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was my nan. I told her I didn't care anymore. I chose to ignore it.
"Aren't you going to pick up?"
"Why? So she can yell at me for being alive again?" I snapped. I didn't mean too, it's a sensitive subject. My phone rang again. I chose to ignore it again.
"It has to be important, other wise she wouldn't keep calling you."
"1 is a catch up, 2 is a favour, 3 is a problem." I said firmly. If she phoned again, then something was wrong, if not then she only wanted a favour and it can wait. The phone went off again.
"Problem?"
"Problem." I whispered. I stood up taking my phone with me. I answered it a little way back from Zack. I saw Matt sit next to him as I picked up.
"Hello?" I spoke down the phone coldly. I watched Zack and Matt laughing and hoped to join them joking around soon.
Ellen, it's your father.
"What about him? I told you I didn't want anything to do with him anymore."
He's dead Ell. He killed himself this morning.
Suddenly everything was rushing around, but I was in slow motion. It all sped up but then went slow motion. Everything slowed and I just dropped my phone. It crashed to the ground and broke into several pieces. Zack and Matt looked in my direction. I began shaking my head. I started stepping back and whispering no over and over.
I can't. I shouldn't. I won't. I refuse. I refuse to lose my last parent. It's not fair. I fell back on the floor. Zack came sprinting over catching my arms as I landed. Matt took one look at me and ran in the opposite direction.
Ell? What's wrong? Ell answer me please?!?
I heard Zack in the background, he was probably shouting, but I felt numb and heard next to nothing. I was crying but felt no tears. I was screaming but felt no noise. I was breaking but felt no feeling. I threw my head back as I screamed. Everyone in the whole room was now crowding me. I pushed my head into Zack and I screamed into his jacket. Matt had returned after he ran, he now had a member of staff with him. She cleared everyone away before turning to me. I was still screaming into Zack's jacket. I could still hear him.
Ellen?!? E! Ell?!? Please talk to me!! Stop screaming and answer me please?!?
I heard in the background. I screamed one last time before everything went black. After it went black, I was sat in my bedroom. I looked around, it was exactly how it was before my mother died. My mother and father walked in.
"It's okay Ellen, you've got this, you and Blake, you've got it. Don't give up, please." My mother whispered in my ear before kissing me on the cheek. She smiled then she headed to the door. She was leaving. I then heard a crashing sound as water trickled from under the door. Like she drowned all over again. Then I looked to my father and shook my head.
"You don't even need to know, do you? I can see it all over your face. You know what I did. Trust me Ellen, I did this because I had to. I missed your mother too much. You've got Blake, I know he isn't much, but he is still there. I know our last moments weren't brilliant." His wrists began to bleed, blood pouring out of them uncontrollably, I tried to move and stop it, but I was glued to the floor and I couldn't move.
"Don't try and save me Ell, I was dead anyway, I have been for years. Died at 30 buried at 40 right? Remember all the good things. Don't forget us Ellen. Don't forget me and your mother." I screamed as my father fell to the floor. His head hit the ground, the water from under the door began to rise. It was up to my waist. I saw my father under the water, his wrists still bleeding rapidly. Slowly the water turned red. My fathers blood, my mothers blood. Everywhere. The thick blood was up to my chin. No matter how hard I screamed at them to wake up, they wouldn't. The blood then covered my eyes. The last thing I saw was myself in a mirror. Dripping in blood. I screamed, then I awoke.
I was in a hospital bed, Zack to my side, Amber too. The twins and Jason. Jason's mother and sister. Blake. My Gran.
"Ellen? Are you okay?" Christina spoke up. Everyone stared at me. I had no words. I don't know what just happened, it wasn't okay.
"I was... I was at school, with you." I pointed at Zack slowly.
"Then the phone rang and it was you." I pointed at Gran.
"And you said that he was-"
"Ellen?" Zack said as he intertwined his hand in mine. My vision was still blurred but I noticed Jason give him a scowl as he did this.
"He was dead. He's dead isn't he?!?" No one answered.
"Isn't he?!?" I screamed. A nurse came rushing in, ushering everyone out.
"He's dead! He's dead! He isn't coming back! He left me! He's dead!! She left me and she's dead!! They're both dead! They left!! Left me here to rot! Alone and suffering! Dear God! Why?!? Why would you leave me?!?" I screamed as the nurse pinned me to the bed. Several more nurses and doctors came in. One covered my mouth with a mask.
"He's dead! He's dead! He's de-" it all faded out.
But he's dead. I know he is.