Chapter 49

Samantha's POV

I just told Niall about what Emma told me. He was really surprised about how Liam ran off like that. Liam must be really mad at Chase.

We sat in the living room in silence. We can't do much more than wait for Emma to call about news with Liam. I hope that when she phones, it will be good news.

All of a sudden Niall's phone began to ring. I quickly looked at him as he pulled out his phone. It's Harry. Why would Harry be calling Niall? There is only one way to find out. Niall quickly answered the call.

"Hello?" There was a slight pause and then his eyes widened. "How do you know?" He asked. There was another pause and then he said something I was not expecting. "Okay, okay. We'll take the first flight we can." He ended the call and then looked at me.

"Harry thinks Sara's going into labour." No! she can't! She isn't due until February! My heart began to race.

"We need to go home! We need to be there with her!" I exclaimed.

"I know we do. You find the fastest flight home and I'll go phone my parents and let them know what's going on." He said. I can see the pain in his eyes. I know it kills him to have to end this trip early. He barely gets to see his family as it is.

I ran up to our room and quickly grabbed my laptop. I searched for the plane tickets. Fortunately I found a flight that leaves in a few hours. It's going to be hard to make the flight but I bought the tickets anyways because the next flight isn't for another day.

Niall came back into the room and I told him he should start packing.

"I just phoned my parents and told them that we have to leave early. They said they wont be here for about an hour because they are downtown signing some legal papers or something." He paused. "What time does the flight leave?" I don't know how to tell him this. I know it will break his heart.

"Niall I'm so sorry." I said softly. He looked at me confused but let me continue.

"Niall I'm so sorry but we don't have time to wait for your parents. We have to leave for the airport right away or we'll miss our flight." He looked at me with no emotion on his face. I can't tell what he's thinking. He slowly turned and sat down next to him. I placed my hands on top of his and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I tried to book a later flight but the next one isn't for another day. I'm really sorry." I apologised. He looked down at his lap.

"It's not your fault. I'm not mad at you. I'm not mad at anyone. I'm just upset that I can't see my family before we leave." He admitted. He wrapped his arm around me and rested his head on mine. All of a sudden my phone began to ring in my pocket. I reached for it and answered it. It's Emma.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sam. Liam has come back to my house." She said bluntly but its all she needed to say to make me happy.

"That's great! How did-" I paused, changing what I was going to say. "Is Liam there right now? Can I talk to him?" There was a slight muffling on her side.

"Yeah he's right here." There was more muffling and a male voice came on the phone.

"Hey Liam." I greeted.

"Hey." He said bluntly.

"Do you want to tell me what happened? Why did you run off?" I asked calmly. He took a deep breath.

"After I ended the call with you, I became really mad at Chase. I had so much anger towards him. I ended up leaving Emma's house to go and clear my head. As I was driving around, I got a phone call from Harry. He told me to go to the house and go help Sara because she was in a lot of pain. He wasn't home because he was driving his family to the airport. I got to the house and as soon as I heard her call my name, I ran up the stairs and into her room. All of a sudden I felt someone jump on my back and tackle me to the ground. Long story short, it was Chase who tackled me. That's when I got really mad. I started to beat him up. I finally stopped when he was unconscious. That's when I heard Sara screaming out in pain. We called the police and Harry finally arrived. I still don't know what Chase did to Sara because the police officers offered to drive Harry and her to the hospital." He let out a big deep breath after telling what happened. Wow. This was a lot to take in. So Liam actually beat up Chase and he's with the police? Did he get arrested?