Chapter 1

Samantha's POV

Do you ever wake up and can't differentiate between your dream and real life? The few seconds of confusion and then your brought back to your senses before being hit with the realization that you have to face yet another day. We all complain about the process of pulling ourselves out of bed in the morning but yet we still do it every day.

My mothers voice echoed throughout my room, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Samantha! You have to get up or you'll be late for school." I sighed and rolled over to look at my clock which displayed 8:32. I figured since my school doesn't start until 9:00 and I'm driving today that I will have enough time to get ready.

"I'm up, I'm up." I mumbled. I knew she wasn't going to believe me but it was worth a shot. My mum was always the type of person who hated being late. She despised people that would walk into a meeting after the time they were supposed to be there. She always hated when my brother or I were late for school because its not like we needed another reason to not do well in school. That's before Liam left of course. My mother would say, "If you can be five minutes late, you can be five minutes early." which I think is permanently engraved in my head.

"I know your still not out of bed." She yelled back. I groaned and sat up in my bed. My mum usually won most of the arguments because let's be honest half of the time it wasn't even worth the fight.

Before I could fall back asleep, I stood up from my bed and walked over to my bathroom to take a quick shower. Freshened up, I grabbed a towel to dry myself off and walked to my closet to pick out whatever I was going to wear. I decided on a pair of jeans and a white shirt with a blue jumper. It didn't matter that it was summer and almost the end of the school yet, where I live there are still days where the weather requires a jumper. I go back to the bathroom to dry my hair before putting it in a poly tail with some bobby pins to keep my baby hairs in place. After applying my makeup I exited the bathroom with my school bag in hand.

The aroma that filled my nose could only come from the kitchen. It was hard not to already start salivating. I walked down stairs to see my mom making all sorts of things for breakfast that included pancakes, eggs, bacon, and toast. Something must be happening today because my mom would never make this much food. I'm not complaining because I love food, I mean, who doesn't but the situation confused me.

"You better dish up because you know there won't be much left after your father comes downstairs." She laughed. She seemed to be making a joke but we all knew it was true. She handed me a plate so I could get whatever I wanted and then I noticed she was quietly singing to herself. I couldn't help but notice the happy mood she seems to be in this morning. Her actions amplified the whole meaning to morning person.

"Thank you but what's the occasion?" I filled my plate with eggs, some pancakes, and skipped out on the bacon because it's not something I really enjoy the taste of. I'll let mum and dad fight over it.

"Because your father just got promoted in his job. You know how hard he's in been working these past few months." She replied. It's hard not to notice that he's been at work more then he's been at home lately, I thought to myself. With Liam not home anymore, it's just been my mum and I for the last little while.

I often say to myself. "Liam left for the X-factor and never came home." He's only been home a few times because he's been so busy and I can see how it affects my mum. He has always been close to her. He's your typical over protecting older brother so it's hard not having him here.

I finished eating my breakfast and walked over to the sink to wash off my plate before putting it in the dishwasher. I thanked my mum once again and went to go find the homework I did last night. It took me forever to finish writing my second essay this week. I could not be happier that I'm graduating this year. I don't know how many more essays I can write. Thinking about it just makes me groan.