Chapter 5

Samantha's POV

It was around 11:30 when I woke up this morning. I got up and went downstairs to quickly eat breakfast before finishing up my packing. Liam was clearing out his room, packing up all his stuff. After he is done, we are both going to go and grab all the things we want to keep of our parents. I know Liam wanted to keep our parents wedding rings. I personally just wanted to keep all of our pictures and photo albums. It will be nice to look at them one day and remember all the memories we had. I was all done packing my things so I knocked on his door to see if he was ready.

"Hey Liam, are you almost done?" I asked.

"Yeah just give me like two minutes. You can come in of you want ." I opened the door to his room and walked in. It was empty. The only things in it were his mattress and a few boxes with the packed up stuff.

"Wow. There's nothing." I said and he chuckled.

"Yeah I know." There was a little pause. "I'm going to really miss this place." He finished.

"Yeah me too." I said with a sigh. There was a small silence as Liam finished packing. We have had so many memories here. I remember my first day of school. Liam was going into year two but i was just going into year one. Liam loved school so it made me so eager to start school as fast as I could. It was hard leaving my parents all day because I wasn't used to it but I soon adjusted and loved it.

One of my earliest memories is when our family took a trip down to Canada. My mums grandma used to live there so we would go an d visit her about once every two or three years. She was the sweetest lady I have ever met. She would always have hot chocolate or tea waiting for me and Liam after we were done playing outside. We loved playing outside in the snow. We would make snowmen and mum always had a carrot and three coals so we could decorate it. We would try to see who could make the biggest snow angels but Liam always win because he was so much bigger than me. I remember the few times Liam let me win so I wouldn't feel so bad.

"Are you?" Liam asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What? Sorry I wasn't listening." I admitted.

"I asked if your ready to go through mum and dads stuff." He has no emotion on his face. His facial expressions don't allow me to tell what hes feeling right now. If its anything close to mine then he is still heartbroken and sad about this whole situation.

"Well were gunna have to go through it eventually, right?"

"Yeah I guess you're right." I replied. We walked out of the room and down the hallway that seemed to go on forever.

*

We had just finished going through all of the stuff. Liam ended up only taking their wedding rings. Like I said I would, I ended up grabbing all the pictures and taking mum's journals. I don't know what I'll do with the journals but it would be nice to read someday. I didn't bother opening the photo album because I don't feel like crying the whole way the new place, wherever it is. No one has told me because I didn't even ask. I don't exactly know the reason why Liam took their wedding rings but it also didn't ask him. We decided not to take anything else because it would be to hard, knowing they're gone. My older cousin, Cassandra, her husband, and their two kids, are going to be taking over the house to live in instead of us trying to sell it. It's a lot easier this way and they were already planning to move so it all worked out. We walked downstairs to join the boys.

"Everything is in the moving truck except for your stuff Liam." Zayn said. Liam only had five boxes so all of the boys carried one each leaving me and Sara with none. I stopped and took one last look at the house. The house I grew up in. The house that held most of my memories. The house I will never live in again. For some reason I could feel a small tear about to fall but I wiped it away before it could. It would be nice to come back to the house in a couple years. It wont be any time soon but it will always be in the back of my mind.

"We're all ready to g-" Louis walked over to me. "What's the matter?" I quickly wiped my tear before answering. I don't know why I feel embarrassed but I do. I don't like crying in front of anyone because i think it makes me look weak.

"Nothing, I'm just going to really miss this place." I said before he came and gave me a hug.

"I know but your gunna have the chance to start over. Getting rid of old memories only means there is more room for new ones." He said. That's actually the one thing that someone could of said to make me feel better. It also helps that's he's a hungers percent right.

"Thank you." I said before hugging him again.

"For what?" He asked.

"For everything. For being here for me when I need you. For caring about me. But most importantly, thanks for being me friend." I said sincerely.

"I'll always be here for you love, you know that." We both smiled and hugged for a couple seconds more before pulling away.

"We'll we better get going. We don't want to miss our flight." He said draped his arm over my shoulder and we walked out to the rest of the boys. If someone who didn't know us saw us, they would probably think we are boyfriend and girlfriend. That's definitely true because we are just friends. Besides, Louis has a girlfriend.

Before entering the van, I stopped and took one last look at my house. One last look at my childhood. Today I was moving into the boys house which will soon be mine and Sara's house as well. I'm excited. I mean come on, new house, new people, new memories, who wouldn't! I still have this pit in my stomach that says I should have stayed. I guess its too late now to change my mind. I have so much to look forward to and I need to focus on that. I took a deep breath and got into the vehicle.

"So are we all ready?" The driver asked. Everyone agreed and I began looking out my window. I watched as all the familiar houses flew by. Step one complete.

Today, I start my new life.