Chapter 28

Niall's POV

I woke up to someone cuddled up to me. I opened my eyes and looked down to see Samantha. I smiled knowing she was back in my arms. My smile slowly disappeared as I remembered her situation. She still doesn't remember me. Liam, Louis, and Zayn left last night and haven't come back yet. She can't remember them either. I haven't asked her if she remembers Harry and Sara or not. I should probably do that soon.

I could feel her start to shift in the bed. She opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Oh I'm sorry. I shouldn't have just come into your bed like that. Sorry I'll leave" She said as she sat up.

"No don't go. I don't mind." I paused. "Please, I want you to stay." There was a small smile on her lips.

"Okay." She replied, crawling back up to me. She laid her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her fragile body. There was a peaceful silence. We were both embracing the moment. I wonder what she's thinking right now.

"Niall?" She asked. I loved when she said my name.

"Yeah?" I replied softly.

"We're we in, um, we're we in a relationship?" She asked. I had a huge smile on my face. I've been waiting for her to ask that for a long time.

"Yeah we were. We have been dating for about 3 months." I replied. I looked down to see her reaction and she had a small smile on her face.

"Did we have a good relationship?" She questioned.

"It's the best relationship I've ever been in." I said. She lifted her head off of my chest and looked up at me.

"Really?" She asked. I smiled and kissed the top of her head. "Really."

"So how did we meet?" She asked. I took a deep breath.

"It was a few weeks after the 'X Factor' had ended. And even though I hadn't met you, I felt like I knew everything about you. Liam talked about you a lot. We were all home sick but Liam was the most. Even though our plane landed at 3 in the morning, you still came to see him. You should have seen your face when we turned the corner. You had on the biggest smile I'd ever seen on a person! You ran right up to Liam's arms and hugged him. That was the first time I saw you and I couldn't believe you were human. You were so breathtakingly beautiful in your dark jeans and orange jumper." I sighed at the memory. As painful as it was, she needed to know how I felt.

She thought about it carefully "You tell that story beautifully. What happened next?"

"As soon as we heard the news of your parents death, we came straight to your house. You were so perfect and so broken at the same time. I cried at the sight of you crying. You looked at me with your perfect blue eyes and every little interaction we shared had me falling harder and harder. We even had a bubble fight when I wouldn't let you wash my dish" I laughed at the memory.

"That's the day I found out you were going to be living with us and you wouldn't believe how happy I was! That night you had a nightmare and I came into your room and comforted you. After you had calmed down, you asked me not to leave so I stayed the night with you. Liam was pretty mad but you said that you felt safe with me. We had known each other a while and let's just say we got along pretty well. We took a bus tour around then had dinner. Then I took you for a walk in the park and, well, asked you to be my girlfriend. I had told all the boys, your best friend, Sara, and Louis' girlfriend, Eleanor and they all came out after you said yes. Things were going great between us until that stupid accident! We were just coming back from a date when we got into the accident" I finished.

She blinked, processing everything "You really did care about me" she whispered, tears forming in her eyes.

I nodded "I still do." I looked down at her and saw she was trying to hold back a smile.