Chapter 7

Samantha's POV

"How long has she been out?" It sounded like Liam's voice but I wasn't 100% sure. I was still trying to figure out what I was doing, where I was, and what happened. The cloudy memories, unclear pictures, and sounds were hard to sort through.

"Please wake up. Come back to us." I heard someone whisper while holding my hand. That voice was so familiar. The soft, thick Irish accent. The voice that always made me happy. Suddenly I knew who it is. It was Niall's voice. Niall is here. The thought of that made me mentally smile. But wait, I was still so confused. I don't  remember much from yesterday. I don't even know what time of day it is. Last thing I remember I was...getting off the plane! Then what? Screaming. There were screams. But why would people be screaming?

"Give her a minute. She hit her head pretty hard when she fell." I heard someone walk into the room. "I didn't know your fan's could be so violent." A woman said. Wait, I hit my head? How? When? It seemed like she had the answers so I decided to open my eyes. I slowly lifted my eye lids but squinted by the light coming in from the window. I quickly adjusted and I felt the eyes of seven people on me.

Niall's POV

"Please wake up. Come back to us." I whispered to Samantha. I was holding her hand. I desperately wanted her to wake up. She needed to wake up. I can't loose her. I just met her and I can slowly feel us becoming more comfortable with each other. It feels like just yesterday we came to her house and we went to the carnival. I would give anything to go back to that day. It would be much better than where we are right now.

"Give her a minute. She hit her head pretty hard when she fell. I didn't know your fans were so violent." She said. My heart broke into a million pieces. It is all my fault. If anyone is looking for someone to blame then you can all look at me. I knew I should have looked back to see if she was okay. I just couldn't handle all those screaming fans. My claustrophobic state took over me. I was so selfish. How could I leave her like that? Sure she was by Liam but look at how that turned out. I'm not blaming Liam but I should have been more careful of my surroundings. We're the reason she's in here. They were our fans. Our fans, our problem. I then felt her stir around a bit. Then her eyes fluttered open.

"Guys, she's awake!" I softly said making sure not to alarm Samantha. They all walked over to her bed side. Liam getting there first. He rushed to her side and put his hand on her arm, his eyes wide.

"Samantha?" Liam asked.

"Hey guys." She weakly said. I silently let out a quiet breath. I was the next one to speak up.

"How do you feel?" I asked.

"Honestly, just a little thirsty." She said. Luckily the only thing that's bothering her is her thirst. Otherwise we would have more problems ahead of us.

"Zayn can you go get her a glass of water and go find the doctor?" Liam asked. He nodded and quickly left the room. We all sat there in silence. I tried to not look directly at her to draw attention. Her eyes met mine and I tried to look away but I couldn't. My hand went throw my messy blonde hair. I gave her a small smile and she returned the favour.

"So what happened?" Samantha asked, breaking the silence. No one wanted to tell her. We knew it was all our faults. Someone had to tell her so Liam spoke up.

"We were leaving the airport after getting off the plane. We were mobbed. The fans were starting to get out of control. We thought we had more security around us but I guess we didn't. They started to get violent and that's when you fell off my back." She looked down at her arms and had a surprised look on her face. She also has a cast on her right arm because it broke from her fall.

"I didn't know they were hurting you until I heard your scream. Before I knew it you were on the ground, unconscious. Right after you fell, the police showed up and moved the people. You were still unconscious so I picked you up and we all decided it would be best to take you here to make sure you were okay.  I'm sorry Samantha. This is all my fault." I can see the pain in Liam's eyes. I want to speak up and tell him its not only his fault but I cant seem to do it. Instead I just stay silent.

"No it's not. It's okay. I'm fine." Was all she replied with.

"No it's not oka-" he was cut off by the nurse and Zayn entering the room.

"Hi my name is Dr.Peterson. I see your awake Miss Payne. How do you feel?" The doctor asked.

"I'm fine thanks." Just as she said that, Zayn jumped up from his seat and gave the half glass of water to Samantha. He has an embarrassed look on his face. I guess he forgot.

"Um I kinda forgot to gave this to you. I filled it too full so I had to drink some to make sure it didn't spill." He mumbled, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"So when can she leave?" I asked the doctor.

"According to her charts, she can leave whenever she feels comfortable to. There doesn't seem to be any complications and your charts came back clear. " She looked happy when she heard that. She is like me. She hates being in hospitals. I remembered that from when we had to go to a hospital when Liam broke his toe when we first came to visit the house. We couldn't wait to get out of there.

After the doctor told Samantha about how she would be feeling for the next week or so and what not to do, he left leaving the five of us alone. She looked around the room with confusion on her face.

"Where's Sara?" She asked. Before any of us could answer, Harry did.

"She at the house. She went to go get you some clothes. Your other clothes kind of got ruined." She looked down and noticed the hospital gown she is currently in." She nodded her head in understatement.

"So when do you think you want to leave?" Louis asked her.

"As soon as I ca-" she was cut off by Sara rushing into the room.

"I got Harry's text! Oh my god, your awake!" She yelled before running up toward Samantha.

"Yeah, I guess I am." She said and we all chuckled.

"Here I brought you some clothes so as soon as you change, we can get out of here. I know how much you hate hospitals." She said. Samantha graciously thanked her and began to sit up. She started to stand up but quickly fell back down. She looked really dizzy.

"Hey guys, why don't you leave so I can help her get dressed." Sara said. We all nodded our heads and walked out of the room. I have a big smile on my face. She was awake. She was okay. That is the most important part.