Chapter 41

Samantha's POV

The impact of his hand made a loud sound against my face. I immediately cupped my hand where the stinging sensation was. Tears were falling down my face. Liam was frozen in shock and he couldn't believe what he just did. His face was softened and he didn't look mad anymore. I always looked up to Liam as my protective older brother. Now everything has changed.

I got off the bed and slowly started walking backwards toward the door, scared of what he could do. He didn't look angry but I was still terrified.

"Samantha I-" He didn't get to finish his sentence because I already turned around and ran out of the door. I ran straight to mine and Niall's room. I was so scared I didn't know what to do. I did the only thing I couldn't think of doing, I hid in the closet. I shut the door and collapsed on the floor, hiding myself under the clothes. I sat in the corner, pulling my knees up to my chest and wrapping my shaking arms around them. My hands are shaking uncontrollably and I was hyperventilating. Tears are flowing out of my eyes. I'm so scarred.

The image of Liam's face before he hit me keeps replaying in my mind. The anger in his eyes and his heavy breathing. I know I'll never be able to forgot that face.

Suddenly I heard someone enter the room. I gasped and hugged my knees closer to my chest. What if that's Liam? What is he wants to hurt me again? My breathing became uneven and shaky. Someone called my name and I let out a little sigh of relief. Not loud enough for anyone to hear. The voice belonged to Niall.

I remained where I was because what is I leave the closet and Liam's with Niall? Even though I want Niall to hold me in his protective arms, I need to stay in here. I can't chance anything. I just hope no one finds me in here.

He kept calling my name out. I bit my lip, holding myself back from saying where I was. All of a sudden there was a hand on the door knob and it turned. I held my breath and glued my eyes to the door. It opened and the bright light entered the closet.

"Samantha?" Niall asked. Does he know? "What are you doing in the closet?" He asked. Okay, he doesn't know. Should I tell him? Well he's going to find out eventually because I know I have a mark on my face.

"What are you doing in the closet?" He repeated, very confused. I didn't say anything, still scared with the fact that Liam could be on the room. "Here, lets get you out of here." He said. My eyes widened and he grabbed my had. I tried to fight back but he got me out of the closet. As soon as I was standing up, I clutched Niall's shirt and buried my face in his chest. Liam could still be here.

"What are you doing love? Whats the matter?" He asked really concerned.

"Is he here?" I asked. My voice is very hoarse from crying so much.

"Who?" He asked.

"Liam." I whispered, barely hearable. I could practically feel the confusion on his face.

"No, why would he-" He stopped and pulled me away from him. "Did he hurt you!?" He questioned. His eyes widened when he saw the mark on my left cheek.

"What did he do to you!?" He exclaimed. Thats when I broke down. I started sobbing. He guided me over to our bed. We sat down and I laid my head on his lap. I could hear Niall was trying to calm himself down by controlling his breathing.

"What happened love?" He questioned. I lifted my head off bis lap and he wiped my tears away. The door was open but I know Niall can protect me if Liam comes in.

"Well I went to talk to Liam and we started to get mad at each other. And then he," I paused. "Then he hit me" I stuttered.

Louis POV