Chapter 33

Samantha's POV

Niall opened the door and we all stepped into the house. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. There was shattered glass everywhere, dishes broken, and most of all, the entire living room was destroyed. Someone has definitely broken into our house and completely demolished it.

I was slowly walking forward in complete shock when Niall stopped me. He pointed to the ground and I looked down to see glass covering the floor. I was completely frozen, still in shock.

"What do we do now?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"I think it would be best to call the police. They will know how to handle this." Liam said. We nodded our heads and he made the call. I began to slowly walk forward again, making sure to avoid the big pieces of glass or broken dishes. The boys went into the living room but they didn't want me in there because they thought it was too dangerous. I decided to go into the kitchen instead.

As soon as I made it to the kitchen, I noticed a piece of paper on the counter. It was some kind of note. I picked up the paper and began to read it. As soon as I saw the writing, I knew exactly who wrote it. It was Chase.

"This is only the beginning. You haven't even had a glimpse of what I'm capable of doing. You think you can just move on and forget about everything we had? Because your wrong- This isn't over."

I gasped as I read the note over and over again. Many things were running through my mind. What is he going to do next? Will he hurt me again? Will he ever stop?

I was about to crumble up the note when I heard someone's voice.

"What's that?" They asked. I quickly turned around to see Niall looking at me. Either I showed Niall the note or I ripped it up and pretended like it was no big deal. I decided to show him the note, knowing it was the smarter thing to do.

I handed him the note from Chase and he took it with confusion. He read it and his eyes widened and then quickly filled with anger.

"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch! He's the one who destroyed our house!" He yelled. By now the rest of the boys were in the kitchen.

"What's they matter? Why are you yelling?" Zayn asked. Niall didn't say anything except hand him the note. As soon as the piece of paper left his hands, Niall walked over to me and wrapped his arms protectively around me. He kissed the top of my head and whispered into my ear. "I won't let anything happen to you. He won't hurt you. I won't let him." I quickly kissed his lips and turned to the boys.

"Did Chase write this?" Liam asked. I nodded my head and I could see Liam's hand tighten around the paper in anger. He was about to say something when all of a sudden there was a knock on the door. I immediately got scared. That could be Chase on the other side of the door. I grabbed onto Niall and buried my face into his chest. He rubbed small circles on my back and began to calm me down.

"Shhh, it's okay. Remember Liam called the police? That's most likely them." He whispered. A small tear fell down my cheek.

"How do you know?" I replied, my voice shaky. He pulling me closer.

"I don't know but I do know that I won't let anything happen to you." He said. I buried my face into his shoulder, not wanting to look at the door when Louis opened it. "I love you." I whispered. "I love you too."

I could hear Louis open the door and my heart stopped. I decided to look, wanting to face what was in front of me. When the door was fully open, I could see two police officers in their uniforms. I let out a big sigh of relief. Niall loosened his grip on me so we could go talk to the officers.