Chapter55: Confrontation

The sun was fully arise, and its beam was directly streaming through us, of what we were doing; fires everywhere, guns everywhere, explosions of the cars, stores, screams of the humanity. Shuttered glasses and a maniacal laughter of me.

Gotham City was now in the circle of disturbance because of me. Awhile ago, the bank was robbed  and a jewelry shop was banged by me. My men were so hungry about this. . . it's been so long since we did this. This is our lives; to be a plague in the City, to ruin everybody's life, to be the reason of their cries. I am smart enough to admit it, because this is the cycle of my life. Maybe, I can stay to be like this forever. . . forever alone. . . forever imprisoned to my own maniacal laughter.

Me and my men entered a mall here downtown. People inside started panicking as we started bombing the said place.

"Take everything you wanted!" I screamed in so much happiness.

It's been five days since I've met Hayley at the abandoned village. Her face was kept on forming in my mind, and I kept on washing it away. There's a night's when I'm hearing her begs and cries, there was also a moment when I could feel her tight grip. I remember everything— every single of her pathetic acts, I remembered it.

And at this time, I need to take that away from me, I need to take that away even if for a minutes, seconds or hours. . . I just need to forget her— for a moment.

I continued walking inside, stabbing and shooting someone I passed by. But then I've got stopped when I saw a little girl against the wall looking at me with fears in her face. I furrowed my eye ridges, and started walking on up to her way.

"Well, well. . . a little thing must be lost. . . where's you're mommy?" I said with a huge and creepy smile for her sight.

The girl gulped while looking at me steadily, "M—Mister Clown. . . please don't kill me."

"Oh. . . of course I won't kill you," I said when I sat with bended knees so that I could reach her level, "Would you mind to give me some permission to engrave a smile on that cute face?" I lifted my knife and traced it through her small cheeks which made her to burst into tears, "Hey angel, don't cry. . . Mister J would love to see you smiling at me, can do the same smile she was giving to me? Can you do that hmm? Can you give me the sweetest smile I've ever seen from her? Can you?"

"I don't know. . . w—what you're t—talking about, Mister Clown," she said between her sobs.

My eyes became mild but it's still on its furrowed form, "Yes, I guess you're right. . .you're just a little one. . . come with me."

"My mommy will—"

The girl and I suddenly got interrupted when I heard a familiar voice behind us; my heart started racing as I turned slowly my head to see if I'm not mistaken, and that was the biggest mistake. It was Hayley.

"What are you doing to that kid?!" she yelled with fires in her eyes. She strode towards us then she took the girl and lifted her up, "You're scaring her."

A beautiful sight. . . she's so beautiful while holding a kid. I was speechless.

"What are you doing here?!" I groaned while standing up, hiding my sentiment for her.

"I have a date," she said firmly, "but you're destroying the place!"

I chuckled in frustration as I heard that thing. So she finally moved on and flirting with anyone out there? So good.

"Well, if you weren't so crazy, I think you're insane. . ." I said in a deep voice, while making some hand gestures.

"You have to say that to yourself not to me," she replied when she started walking, passing over me.

There were few some people who were running from the area; the area was a little farther from the main entrance where my men actually were. The said place was empty that you could count the person who passes by.

Gio sprinted towards us bringing the news he has, "Boss the policemen are coming! We need to leave the place!"

"Oh boy, the fun is over," I replied with a smile, "Take them."

Hayley and I were now on my car, driving our way out of the mall. I sped up so that we could escape immediately; my henchmen probably did their job, and the little girl we've met was brought to her mommy when she spotted her daughter in Hayley's arms.

"Where are we going?" she asked without looking at me.

"I don't know," I replied in a deep voice, staring at the road with a firm and serious look on my face.

Silence suddenly covered our atmosphere.

"How do you do?" I questioned to break the muted sound.

"None of your business."

"Thanks for that wonderful answer, my dear."

Hayley suddenly tilted her hear toward me, "I've written a song for you, for your birthday actually. I decided to forget you after I sing that."

My heart skipped its beat for awhile, but I managed to smile to hide my emotions, "That's good. . . I've moved on too."

"You're lucky to be in that situation," she replied. This time I took a moment to glimpse on her face, but I found nothing but emotionless; so different from the night when she was begging, "You're just a heartache, and I wanted someone who'll be there for me and I was so wrong to think that it was you, it's a sin for loving you, Joker."

I never expected to be hurt by her words. Hayley was just talking so calmly at me, but I could feel the hatred in it.

"After this meeting, if ever you spotted me everywhere else out there, when you've known that I'm in danger, please don't show yourself. . . I don't want to owe you my life, " she uttered when I heard some tremors in her voice, "After your birthday, is the end of everything, Mister j," She then turned her head away and stared upon the window.

In the other side, she has the point, she's right. That's good. But there's a part of me when I couldn't take that seriously. She's hurting me. . .

Hayley was sitting on the passenger seat with hands in her pockets, staring at the window.

"Finally you have awaken from your delusions," I said with a slight giggles so that I could hide my sentiment, and my frustration.

"I'll get off to that near store," Hayley replied, still not looking at me.

As we reached the said place, I turned off the engine and Hayley quickly pushed the door opened; she hopped down from the car, and banged it shut when she started striding away from me.

I was just looking at her until she went inside the fast food chain. When I was about to start my car again, suddenly, I gazed upon her seat and spotted a white folded thing on it. Taking it slowly, I just realized that it was a letter.

•• •

A/N: (edited and rewritten) Hi guys! Sorry for my late updates. But I promise to  update the chapters frequently as much as possible because the editing process of this book is almost done. As you can see, I was showing you their heartaches, until Crane will finally show himself. (Hint)

Hayley's burden is needed for her to hate the Joker (a little) so that their relationship to each other will have a gap, and you can read that in the sequel. So yea, thanks for reading! And give it a vote if you like the part. I love you all.