Chapter49: Bad Dream

I went in Gotham General Hospital at five-thirty pm in the afternoon. It's been three days since this bullshit thing had happened. I also paid her bills, and continuously paying for her proper medication. I did threat her Doctor that if he became careless, I will kill each and every one of his family until no one will left for his life.

I was standing here outside the ICU staring upon her, hoping that she'll wake up.

I miss her so much, that missing her brought me in miserable life

I miss her so much, that missing her brought me in miserable life. Sometimes, I was hallucinating that I'm seeing her in her bedroom, in the kitchen, at the backyard making some laundries— sometimes in my room, folding my clothes, fixing my bed and cleaning inside. I'm completely crazy. There's also a time when I'm knocking her door, asking her to make breakfast until reality hit me on my face that the woman who means everything the world to me, is in the hospital.

She deserves life which I'm trying to give. Hayley deserves more than I could give. She doesn't deserve me after all. I can't give her a normal life— because if I could, she's not there in that condition.

Whenever I'm alone, I thought myself that there's nothing difference between me and Crane. Just like him, I did hurt Hayley. My hands touched her skin. I still remember when I raped her— when I almost killed her— when I made her cry. So I'm a monster too . . . she's a princess.

"Hayley, I love you," I muttered as my forehead was leaned against the glass window. Until her nurses came over me.

"Mister J. . . you can go inside if you want to say something. It may help her if she heard your voice," said the other nurse.

Perhaps she's right. Days gone by, but still, I haven't been inside the ICU. My hands were itching, felt so excited to finally touch and hold her hands. It may be the last momeny. . . so I think, I must tell her my sorry.

The nurse told me to wear the suit for the visitors when it comes inside the ICU. She left me, and I'm sitting here beside her hospital bed. My tears escaped from my eyes when I finally held her hands, "Hayley can you hear me?" I asked with tremors in my voice, "Please wake up."

I stood up from sitting then I slightly bended my body to reach her lying position. Gradually, I stroked her face with a faint smile on my face, "You're still beautiful honey, even if in this situation. . . you never fail to attract me," I continued, "When you wake up, you can go back to the life you used to live when you haven't seen me yet. You can go. . ."

My throat became dried and I felt pain on it as I'm trying to hold my whimper. Biding goodbye? Maybe yes. I'm telling her my goodbye. I can't let her to live with me again, and be in a situation where I didn't want her to be. I'll set her free and never show myself to her. It's killing me inside while thinking about my decision, that I know in myself I couldn't withstand not seeing her. It was almost a fairytale between me and her. I became happy for the second time— with a woman whom I've known for the short period of time— the woman I accidentally met in the Asylum— this woman I fell in love with.