Chapter47: Again

It's been three months since the confession about our feelings had happened. Joker became more lovingly at me. Well sometimes, his behaviour was still there, like beating some of his henchmen when they failed him, and recently, Gio and Jet brought a man in the hideout, down at the basement where Joker was actually waiting. I didn't ask them anyway. But Jack told me before he came over there, that the guy had a debt, that was never been paid.

There was also a time when Joker accidentally yelled me; sometimes we argued things, but we couldn't stay mad at each other. Joker was still a man that will do anything just to keep the situation in order— especially when it comes between us.

And the moment when we were just sitting at the backyard talking about his victims he had killed— on how he tortured them, actually made my intestines jumbled; while I'm in front of him, almost vomiting all my giblets, Jack was just standing there laughing, and seemed so happy talking about those stuffs; he actually ignoring my sick expression— but then, I was so happy for knowing that he's so comfortable narrating all his violence with me.

As you can see, our relationship is getting bigger and bigger. The more I stay with him, the more my feelings have growing.

"Doll, I'm leaving," he said when he poked his head through the opened door, interrupting me from my thoughts.

Folding some clothes which have been washed awhile ago, I stood up from sitting on the bed, "Where are you going?"

"This may be the last, I can tell," he replied with some enthusiasm on his tone and on his appearance, "You'll love it, I promise."

"You can tell me now, Jack."

Jack stopped in my front from walking, then he held me on my shoulders. "Hayley, dear. . . don't ruin the enjoyment. . . it's a surprise that you might like for the rest of your life."

I stared on his face for about five seconds, realizing that the smile on his face wasn't off. Jack was just smiling at me so wide, that I could finally see his silver cap-teeth.

"Take care, Jack," I answered, gradually smiling at him.

"I don't know, but I love the way you smile," He then kissed me on my cheeks, and pulled me into a tight hug.

I rested my whole body into his, gradually closing my eyes as my hands were now clutched around his back. I finally got the place where I can stay forever. Jack was the picture in my thoughts whose acting the best role in my life. Me— together with him, dancing under the pale moonlight, dreaming about the things that I wanted to happen in the future, with this guy by my side. . . him—as my other half.

I never planned this after all. It just had happened that Jack was the most valuable human being that lives here in the world, that I just let my heart decided to accept him as a whole. He's the Joker— he was Jack Napier— well he will always be that man, to me. I love him for what he was once, and for what he is now. I have learned to love his flaws— being so perfect despite in his imperfections. I need him for the rest of my life.

Is it okay to dream like this? As big as the whole wide universe? That he'll be by my side no matter what? Is it okay to go in his side because I wanted to let him feel that he's the most important person in my own world? Tell me anyway.

•• •

Twelve-thirty in the afternoon, my henchmen and I finally arrived into the woods, at the east part of the City. It was quite farther from our hideout but needed to pass it as a shortcut.