Chapter4 part2:Arkham Asylum

¤

We started walking around the Asylum as we exited her office. I was amazed because of the good facilities and other treatment areas. This Asylum was perfectly fit for those extraordinary villains.

"And this is the place where the villains take their meals." Harleen said as we entered the wide cafeteria. "The inmates are free to walk without handcuffs."

"What if they attempt to harm each other?"

Harleen smiled at me. "For you to know, above us, there are securities who are watching them. So if they did any disturbance, the man who's in charge will quickly hit the red button for them to feel a sharp pain from electricity."

"Oh, I see. . ."

I looked around and spotted the Joker, eating alone in the corner perfectly fine. And the next scene made my eyes widened; he suddenly froze in his seat as his spoon and fork fell; his eyes got stretched with his face twisted, touching his chest as if it's hard for him to breathe.

Until he dropped heavily from his seat to the floor and no one-- except for me -- seemed to notice.

Should I run over there and help him?

Or let him there until someone noticed him?

Come on Hayley think fast!

I didn't have any choice but I risked my life and ran toward him.

"Hayley!" Harleen yelled behind me.

As I reached the Joker, I immediately helped him to sit up, carrying him and supporting his back in my arms.

"Oh my god, what happened? Are you okay?" I asked, hearing my own voice shaking.

He chuckled. "Do I look like o. . .okay? You see, "I--I can't breathe, Miss."

Pressing my two fingers on his pulse, the palpitation was getting unstable.

"Damn it," I mumbled.

Quickly, I roamed my eyes to seek for some help until Harleen stopped and knelt down beside me.

"What happened?!" She asked while looking at the Joker.

"Harleen call the paramedics, now!"

"Okay, okay. . ." She stood up with some guards and the two left beside me.

"Look at me, Mister," I said while tapping his cheek. "Please stay still, the help is coming very soon."

Joker narrowed his eyes upon me then grinned. "I--I can't believe that someone like me has a right to go in h--heaven. . . are you an angel?"

"Shut up!" I replied, "you aren't in heaven. You're still in the Asylum idiot."

The clown barely coughed, digging his fingers in his chest. "I g--guess you aren't. Angels doesn't talk like t--that. . ."

I didn't know but I held his hand, cheering him up to be strong. "I know you're crazy, but please stop talking."

"T--Thanks."

Scanning his whole body, I also spotted the blood flowing on his head probably because of his fall, it surely bummped on the floor that led his skin to be torn off.

"W--Why are you helping me?"

"Shut it clown. The paramedics are coming here, you will be safe now," I answered, still holding his hand. The warmth feeling suddenly striped on my palm, leading me to awkwardness. When I was about to pull my hand off his, Joker firmed his grip.

"Hold on."

After a while, the paramedics entered the cafeteria and carried Joker through a stretcher to take him in the emergency room. I was looking at him as he tried to lift his head just to have glance at me.

While Me and harleen were walking back to her office I told her to see Joker first. She looked at me with those questionable eyes but I only shrugged my shoulders.

* * *

"Don't be stagy clown," The nurse said, rolling her eyes while putting all the medical aids on the steel tray.

"Oh, how rude." I said in a deep voice, "you must not treat your patient like that. . . Trivia miss nurse, do you know that I can be a doctor too? And if I strapped your both hands here on the bed, I will remove your organs!"

The nurse fell back. I was about to say more when suddenly, a woman whose hair was red entered the emergency room.

"Give me my way," she said as she slightly pushed away the blonde nurse.

My eyes grew wider when I saw her; although my visions awhile ago was blury, I knew it was the woman who's dashing toward me. It's so unbelievable that someone like her would easily stepped by my side just to lend a hand. How intriguing.

"What are you doing?!" The nurse barked.

"Are you blind?" The woman replied, removing the bandage on my forehead.

". . .am I hurting you?" she questioned while putting a new gauge in a gentle manner.

"Not really." My eyes were locked upon her with my nose wrinkling because of her lavender scent.

Dr. Quinzel on the right side stepped closer to the nurse who was still standing behind the beautiful woman with her furrowed brows upon her. "Hey, she's a licensed former doctor in Gotham General Hospital, so I think she isn't that ordinary."

After that, the assigned nurse excused herself, flashing some embarrassment in her face.

"There," she said, straightening her spine. "Is it comfortable now?"

"Yes, sugar," I replied, grinning at her. "Thank you for rearranging my bandage sweet thing-- by the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Hayley."

"Such a good name for a beautiful woman." I then gazed upon Doctor Harleen. "Doc, looks like she's a close one to you."

"She's my best friend Joker," Harleen replied with a simple smile.

I chuckled, shifting my eyes upon Hayley. "She's pretty, I like her."

Her face started to turn into reddish color, looking away.

". . .sweet heart, would you mind coming with me if I escaped here?"

Hayley's jaw got dropped, blinking few times before regaining her composure.

"Well, I'm thinking who's sane person would want to go with you?" she asked with a rose eyebrow, "you're harming people."

My eye ridges knitted together, with a slight touch in my chest. But I managed to smile.

"You."

"Bullshit."

"I like stubborn girl. . ." I said, glaring at her.

None of us resumed to talk. I was just glancing at her, studying her. Hayley was so beautiful and I couldn't get rid of it. I then started to feel some excitement, letting me to want my freedom more.

Oh. . . you approached me, you take the consequences. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------
A/n: (edited) hi lovelies, kindly give it a vote if you like this one. Thanks so much for reading. Stay beautiful.