Chapter44:HTSYHB

Birds were chirping, the sunlight was streaming through the glass window, as it penetrated on the silk curtains. It's morning. I barely lifted my head to see Joker, still sleeping as his right hand was wrapped around my waist, while his left, was around my neck. He was so peacefully sleeping, while snoring that made me to smile a little. I pulled up my left hand to brush his hair, down to his cheeks, up to his nose. It was like, I was sketching his whole face— kept on remembering his picture of sleeping. He's so adorable.

Last night was incredible. We merged our body and our feelings that brought us into the place where we felt the same arousal. I conceded his desire of wanting me, the way I wanted him; I permitted him to do the voice of his heart and urges.

When I tried to unwrap his hands around me, Joker suddenly pulled me even closer against his body, as his face was snuggled through my hair. His breaths were giving some shiver down my spine, as the warm mist of it, was striking onto my face.

"Where are you going?" he said in a sleepy, tired voice, "Are you going to leave me?"

A curve suddenly plastered on my lips, as my cheekbones were stretched. Just like him, I hugged Joker so tight, "Nope, I was planning to make you breakfast. . . I'm not leaving you Jack."

"Good to hear that . . ." he said between his lazy tone, "I'm afraid of waking up every morning's without you in my sight, Hayley."

"Me too," I said as I let my body to feel his warmth, to hear his heartbeat. I was in a place where I will always choose to stay at — in his arms.

Silence momentarily covered our atmosphere when suddenly Jack spoke again, "I'm afraid of coming home without someone. . ."

My eyelids forced to part when I heard that. I slightly lifted my head, and I saw his eyes were still shut.

"What do you mean?" I asked when my grip suddenly tightened. I knew what he was talking about — what he was trying to say. I'm expecting him to finally say what had happened to him in his past; the real tragic that happened to them.

"I'm afraid. . .  Hayley. . ." he answered, "Do you know what is the feeling of being alone? When you don't have any choice but to let your mind controlled you?"

"I may not. . . but you can tell me everything, and expect me to understand it."

Joker laughed in a quite way, then he starting combing my hair through his fingers, that led me to shut my eyes, but that doesn't mean I'll go in a sleep. My brain was still functioning, as my hearings were waiting for him to perceive some words.

"I was betrayed, actually. . ." he began, "You know, I used to trust anyone— especially him. I let him to watch over my family, but what he had did to me? he threw me in madness, in sorrowfulness. . . he even let me to suffer in my own thoughts— he killed me."

My heart started racing, as those words were now coming in my ears. I didn't know why Joker was telling this, but I'm glad that he finally trusted me.

"My wife and my daughter was the ones I treasured the most. . . and my best friend. We're best of friends — before. I worked as an employee in a small company and in the night, I was a part timer clown. You know for some extra income." he said when his voice suddenly changed. The sentiment on his tone was revealing.

". . .  my wife, once told me that my friend was harassing her whenever when I'm not around, but I didn't listen. I never believed him, until it actually happened. The time had slapped the truth in my face, Hayley. When I came home in the dawn, I saw my wife lying on the floor, swimming in her own pool of blood— almost naked."