Chapter38:Preparations

Joker got home for around 5pm, and he spotted me in the kitchen making some stew for us, while Gio was in the living room, let himself soaked in the television all day long.

"Hey doll, I'm home," Jack approached when he immediately clutched his arms around my waist, and left a tiny flicks on my nape.

"You said you wouldn't gone for so long?" I replied when I turned off the electric stove, turning around so that we're face to face.

Jack didn't pull his arms off me, instead, he leaned his body even closer to me, as our tip of nose were touching, "You waited for me? Oh. . . how sweet, darling."

"You can pull yourself, a little distant away, Jack," I answered, then I gently pushed him, as I felt my face turning into as red as apple.

He pouted his lips, then he stood up straight as his hands were now on his both sides, "Your answer was too far from what I have asked— Hmm by the way, I got you something, and I have something to tell you. . . let's go upstairs."

Joker and I exited the kitchen for a moment to talk about something he had said. Walking in the living room up to the staircase, Jack took the paper bags on the sofa, ignoring Gio while watching, and laughing because of the TV shows.

"Hey, be careful, I don't want another crazy here," he suddenly uttered.

Gio sat in a decent position then he cleared his throat, "Apologies, boss."

He then turned toward me with a half smile on his red lips, "Let's go doll."

We entered his bedroom, then I took a seat on the edge of his bed on its front part, then Joker handed the two paper bags on me, "Check it."

I looked upon him with some confusion, then I stared at the paper bags, and started groping of what something might inside. When I felt a soft fabric, I grabbed and in surprised, I made a wide smile on him.

"This is beautiful, Jack," I said, adoring the black sleeveless dress with a transparent raffles on the lower part of it which made of silk, "What we have got?'

Joker smiled at me, then he took the other paper bag beside me, and then, he revealed a black, high— pointed heels, and a small make-up kit. So he did choose these by himself? How come he has a nice taste?

"Actually, we're attending a birthday party tomorrow night," Joker said in blissful tone.

I wrinkled my forehead because of curiosity, and at the same time, I couldn't stop thinking about some craziness behind it, "Birthday? Whose birthday?"

"A little friend, Hayley," he answered when he laid the pair of shoes beside me. Jack placed his arms behind, and clasped them together as he started walking back and forth in front of me. I— on the other hand, was amused because of his good mood, "She wasn't afraid of me, doll just like you. She's so cute and wondrous. That little girl has invited me to come."

I felt a slight shocked because Joker was here in front of me, happily talking about his little friend. And for me, that's so priceless, "That's good, Jack. . . we need to go downtown to buy a gift for her."

Joker heaved a sigh then he placed his hand on his chin, with a folded arms as if he was thinking about what I have said, "Hmm. . ."

"What?" I asked, "Kids love presents, Jack."

He threw his gaze upon me with a narrowed eyes, then he made a wide smile, "Sure, we need to prepare, but first, fit that dress of yours in my bathroom."

"Okay," I stood up then, taking the path along the bathroom door.

As I entered inside, I removed my clothing, and carefully put on the black dress. I was amazed when I realized that it was perfectly fitted in my body. Before exiting the bathroom, I exhaled a deep breath, brushing off the imaginary dust on its skirt. When I'm ready, I pushed the door opened, and made an unsure smile— unsure smile for the thought that Jack might not like it for me.

As he heard the creak of the bathroom door, Jack turned toward me with a surprised gaze.

"D—Do you like it?" I asked.

"Are you crazy?" he retorted when he spread his arms so wide, with a slight chuckles, "You are so beautiful, my lady!"

I chuckled, then I stepped toward his length mirror and observed myself there.

"Look at your body, and your dress," Jack stated as he walked closer to me and his two palms placed at my waist then he rested his chin on my shoulder blade, "It perfectly shaped your body."

Smiling at him through the mirror, Jack smiled at me too with narrowed eyes until he released a craze chuckles.

"We're going later, but we must eat the stew, do you like it?"

He rolled up his eyes, with a tight-lipped, "Of course, I do like it, everything you cook, is the most delicious of all."

"Okay stop those deceit words," I said while giggling.

"I know that you like my words, sugar,"

"And you like me," My eyes grew wider when I covered my mouth because of the words. I felt uneasiness when Jack looked at me, narrowing his ocean-like eyes upon me, "I—I'm sorry. . ."

"That's true— well let's go downstairs then after we're going," he proclaimed as he started passing over me with a slight tap on my shoulder, "Come on."

"Just wait me downstairs, I'll fix myself."

Joker nodded his head, then he exited his own bedroom. When he's gone, I covered my whole face then I made a smile, with the thought that, it's better to be like this, to be this way. Awhile ago when he's with me, I felt those butterflies in my stomach— celebrating as if there's a party inside my body. I knew that, it's not healthy to feel this kind of emotion, but the feeling that most of the people wanted to feel, has already grew in me.

It's was like yesterday in my whole life. Once upon a time, I was there to help him when he got poisoned, second he saved me in the concert from the falling brims, third, I became his doctor, then after, he kidnapped me and I tasted the pain he brought to me, and the last? I went crazy. Crazy for this feelings.

"Oh star, is he the wish I've been wishing for?" I said to myself.

If Jeremy and Taylor rescued me from here, I do not know, but maybe it'll be the worst night mare. They may say that I have been suffering some mental illness because who the fuck will feel this way toward the clown?

I'm sure, my friends might send me in a mental institution.

My thought brought me in my room, then I took a quickly shower, and worn a jeans over a white tee-shirt.
I'm combing my hair when I heard the door swung opened.

"Darn Hayley, the stew was already lost its hotness!"

"I'm done, don't shout!" I said with a slight raised voice.

"I'm not shouting, I'm just reminding you."

I heaved a sigh then I walked closer to him, tugging his hand to go downstairs, "Let's go."

"I love your smell," Jack wrapped his arm around my neck then he kissed me on my temple, "I'm glad that we're getting okay now, doc."

"Sometimes, I'm thinking let's play. . . you as my patient, and me as your doctor," I said, "and let's have a session."

"Oh. . . I don't think so?"

"Come on, I'm bored, Jack."

"Okay, but make sure to give me a price."

I moved slightly to see see his face, "What kind of price?"

"Your lips."

Frowning at him, I pushed him away from me, "Stupid."

"Just joking, Hayley you're so violent," he stated with some giggles.

I wish, we stay like this. Just like a children who're soaking under the sun, playing under the tree in a spring season, happily ignoring the whole day. I wish, I have just met him, before he became like this. . .

•• •

A/N: (edited and rewritten) Thanks for reading beauties! Hope you like this part. ☺