Chapter54: Missing Someone

〰❇〰

The moment  when I turned away from her was the most idiotic thing I had ever did. She was down, she slumped on her knees, she was begging— she was begging me for not leaving her. I did let her to feel how cold I became when I saw her, I let her to feel that I didn't care about her. I did hurt her, I did hurt Hayley. I did leave her like nothing was so important, like nothing had became special between us. I was hurt, it was a pain. A millions of pains which I was carrying.

My mouth quivered when I started stepping my feet away from her; the emotion I had been holding to, was finally got escaped from my eyes. The tears started streaming down, and I'm a bit happy because she didn't see it. I'm supposed to be heartless, but when it comes to her, I admit. . .  I'm a loser.

The truth was, I didn't leave the area. I was hiding at the big tree on the right side of the hideout, a distant away from her but enough to see her. I parked my car farther from this place, so that she couldn't notice. It's been an hour. . . Hayley was still sitting on the concrete ground, and I was standing here assuring myself that she's fine.

I gritted my silver teeth for her stupidity. What was she wanted to point out? Was she wanted to let herself to be rotten there?

"Hayley. . ." I said in a deep voice. Saying her name was a heartache too, I just realized.

Moments had gone by, I'm still here until a sports car had stopped by in front of her. My heart started racing for the thought that, if the person who came out there was a threat in her life, I promised myself that I would dashed over there and kill that person immediately. But I felt such a sense of relief after I saw that the men who're appeared was Hayley's friends. They both bended their knees to reach her level, probably convincing her to stand up. From this far distance, I could say that they were talking to her, but Hayley just shook her head and didn't want to rise; she's born to be so stubborn.

"Come on baby, go home with them," I muttered.

And it seemed like she did hear me, Hayley slowly stood up with the support of her friends; she barely stepped her feet and the next scene made my eyes widened that made me to hid behind the tree, resting my back on it. Hayley suddenly turned her head side to side as if she was scanning the whole area. The place I had been standing at was quite dark so I think, she didn't spot my figure.

When I felt it's safe to peek again, I'd seen that they were finally got inside the car, and drove their way out of the abandoned place and probably, away from me.

"I love you too. . ." I whispered even thought she couldn't hear me, I did say that. Because I do, and I'll always do.

It's already midnight, but I'm still awake. I was sitting on my bed, propping my back against the headboard while sipping a wine. The bedroom was huge for me. I felt all alone and empty.

 I felt all alone and empty