Chapter5: The Only Exception

A/n: (edited) This is the shortest chapter. 😁 Thanks for reading guys! Kindly give it a vote if you like it. ♥

¤

What happened in Arkham Asylum yesterday bothered me in every ways. I was thinking about what had Harleen said to me and to the Joker himself, I felt pity for him when I saw him suffering like that. Not every one would help him. Except me? I'm stupid not because I ran toward him, but because I admitted in myself I was so worried; being a doctor still running through my veins, and a doctor would always help their patients.

But then again, a sudden sharp stricken in my chest. Remembering what happened in the past, was making me to live in the mourning.

I was fifteen-years-old when my mom and dad got divorced. They were arguing many times, even if for a nonsense reasons. Being understanding to each other had gone; they had forgotten being husband and wife should always remained being in love to one another.

But mother chose to live her life without us. Mother left me without hesitations. I thought they both lost their feelings for each other but I was so wrong. . . My mom was the one whose love for my father had faded away.

My dad was crying without tears; he's in pain that even pain reliever couldn't cure.

Years gone by after she left us, we've learned to look forward. Dad focused himself only to me; he raised me alone until he asked me to take a medicine course.

I set aside my dreams and passion just to gratify his wants. So I took a vocational in Psychology first, but I didn't got the chance to be a psychiatrist especially in an Asylum because father didn't want it. He said insane people were harmful and sometimes or most of the times, they were harming their own psychiatrist.

At first he asked me why I took psychology and I answered him, "So that I can tell if someone will be going to hurt you by just looking at them. I can tell their emotion and behaviour."

His sweet laughter replayed in my mind, making me to miss him more. After I finished my vocational, I started to go in college and from there, I took my course -of-study in Medicine.

When I graduated, I started working as a doctor which was dealing with the maintenance of health, and the prevention, alleviation, or cure of disease in Gotham General Hospital. I'd used to work there for years; my life was working well and I had learned to love my job as a doctor especially whenever I could laid my hands as a helping hands to my beloved patients.

Until one night, father called me to visit and to have dinner with him. But a friend contacted me for an emergency since I was her private doctor. Then, when I had the chance, I drove my way to my father's house and when I entered, the strength of my legs faded, mixed with the loud thump of my heart. The burning sensation around my sockets began to be terrible when I ran toward him, shaking him for him to wake up but he didn't; the warmth was all gone with no breathings at all.