Chapter16: BlackHole

Gotham City is now experiencing a bad weather: heavy rains and heavy wind but that doesn't mean, I won't be at work.

6:00 am, I have arrived at the Asylum to my office and from there, I have been studying Joker's case. I'm sitting on my swivel chair while having a hot chocolate that is place upon my work table.

"Days go by, Joker is cooperating with me but still, his answers are all hint for me." I say to myself.

As I'm scanning his papers, I tilt my head to see the raindrops pouring down upon the window pane. The thick - grayish clouds are now blocking the sun that actually made the outside to be in dark.

I put the papers down on my polished wooden - table then I walk closer to the window with my hot choco on my hand.

"I love rains . . ."

Closing my eyes, wishing that I'm in my bedroom curling up on my bed in a thick and soft blanket. I was like that before, but now I'm spending my whole time in this Asylum, with the Joker himself.

Yesterday, when we did an electroshock treatment to the Joker, I admitted that I felt sorry and pity for him; the way he twitched his face probably because of pain while his metal teeth had bitten the gag so hard as he took the deadly electricity through his head.

Sometimes, I'm thinking if that therapy is really a help for him - because for me, it's actually like, digging your mind into the deepest part of it, where your thoughts, fears, will be mixed. It is like scrambling your brain like an egg.

So how does it helps?

But because it is prescribed and best for him, I let that happened.

--

Hours later, I headed to the Joker's cell to begin a session with him. I swiped my ID and when I pushed the door to open, I saw Doctor Crane with the Joker; he smacked him on his face which made me to be angry.

"What are you doing?!" I asked as I strode toward them.

The scene made me to be in suspicion. Why this man did that to my patient? wasn't he aware about the law of mistreating inmates was unlawful?

He explained himself but it didn't mean, I were complacent about it; his explanations were doubtful and it made me to distrust him.

Crane exited the cell after he gave his apologies to the clown. After that, I took my seat across the Joker.

"Why he did that?" I asked.

"Is that a fake concern? or what?" Joker answered in an angry and dismayed tone.

I lifted a brow then locked my eyes on him, "What?"

"I said, don't put some care upon your act, it's unbelievably."

"Of course I care, you're my patient!" I uttered when I felt my veins in my neck started breaking. The clown was being a brat to me.

"I thought you're different among them!" Joker exclaimed as he looked at me with his darkened - eyes; his expressions was like a tiger that wanted to pounce any time.

"Mister, why you're being like this? can you please be a straight forward instead of acting as a brat?"

He breathed a heavy breath as his face was turning red because of anger. "You were just standing there while they're making fun with me!"

My eyes got widened after I heard that. My mind started to be in confusion; rubbing my temple, I slowly shut my eyes and pulled out a sigh then I went back looking at him, "Mister J, of course not! they hadn't made fun with you, it's your treatment and you need that."

"I don't need that!" He fought.

The sudden emotion on his face was showed once again, as if he meant what he had said. but then again, it turned into a wrathful stare.

"I-I'm just trying to help you. . . you need that."

"Help me?" Joker mocked then he gritted his metal teeth with his grimed face, "by torturing my brain? You left me in a black hole of rage and confusion! You made me lost Hayley! Do you know what is the feeling of being imprisoned by your own mind?!"

My eyes were widened with a raised brows because of shock. I was speechless.

Shaking my head, I shut my eyes; barely opening it to look at him, "I-I'm so sorry. . . I didn't know that - that treatment wasn't really helping you."

I furrowed my brow slightly as I felt waters in the corners of my own eyes; feeling the warmth liquid made my eyes burned. "I didn't leave you. . . emotionally, you thought I left you in that stupid black hole you were talking about, but physically I were there by your side where I wished, I should've not allowed that happened."

Just like me, the clown widened his eyes. I couldn't be wrong, I saw a sentiment through his stare, as if he was guilt for accusing me again.

"If you really care for me, give me a favor. . ." Joker said, grinning at me.

"What?" I asked with a slight furrow, "anything I can do for you."

"Help me to reach my freedom and escape with me," the clown uttered when he leaned his face forward - enough for me to see his scars on his pale face, "Can you do that for me, Doc?"

My jaw dropped after hearing that, his gaze was filled of hope and desire - desire to leave this place. If I helped him, I'll be one of them, I'd be a criminal. I can't . . .

"I do care for you as your doctor, and because I care, I won't do that." I stated, "Joker . . . understand me, I wanted to cure you to be a better man -"

"Useless!" he shouted that made me jolted on my sitting position, "better man?! but I'm better among the others! Hayley! this is unforgiven!" then he pulled himself and leaned against his seat, "Doctor, you need me as I need you. Remember when you held my hand? when you did that, I felt a strong connection between us but I was wrong, you have forsaken me."

"Joker I-"

"I want my rest, leave. . ."

"Mister J, just -"

"Leave!"

My mouth trembled and my eyes were attempting to release a tears. "Excuse me."

I stood up and took my stuff beneath the table between us. "We'll be having our next session on the next, next day. We don't have any appointment for tomorrow, you can take your rest."
I uttered then I turned my back and walked out of his cell; wiping some tears in my eyes.

--
A/n: (edited and rewritten) thanks so much for reading lovelies! Vote if you like it :D