Chapter53: Heart Breaker

〰❇〰

It was seven o'clock in the evening and I'm still standing here in front of our old and burned hideout at the abandoned village. I brought all of my things which were given by the Joker when I'm still in the hospital. My bag pack was clung around my shoulder and my hair was in a ponytail, with a loosened bangs. I was wearing black jeans and a plain white sleeveless shirt over a gray jacket.

My feet were numbed because I've been here for an hour, looked like a stupid homeless who's waiting for a rescue. I barely stomping my foot, because I felt tired and cold as well.

Taylor and Jeremy sent me here despite on their objections; they didn't want me to be in here but I've told them about my pathetic reasons: if Jack has stumbled upon here, he might see me standing, and if he did see me, he's going to get me and take me with him, although I didn't know if that would be actually happening, I did come here anyway.

I'm so miserable that I wanted to risk everything. Everything was so cleared about his letter but I ignored it, instead, I wanted to hear that from his mouth, his lips actually telling me to leave his life, but I know, he can't withstand me, I know. . . Joker loves me.

The night was now deepened, and the air was now as cold as ice. I barely rubbing my palms together so that it would caused a warmth until I heard a loud car-horn that made me to look upon it; I squinted my eyes through the painful beam of light that was now pointing at me. I used my hand to cover my face to avoid some pain in my sight. After seconds, the light finally faded away, and my eyes got widened when I saw someone, coming out from the car. . .  I couldn't be wrong, it was Jack.

I felt my eyes started to be heavy as I saw him in full figure. His appearance making me to slump on my knees, his aura was melting me.

"J—Jack. . ." I muttered as I slowly put down my hand.

He was just standing there— glaring at me as if he's not happy for seeing me. His cold stare was making me to shiver, to feel the coldness even more.

"You're on my way," A plain and chilly words finally came out from his mouth which actually made my eyes to form some waters. Although it was all plain and lifeless, I'm so happy to hear his voice.

Every step he has been taking, was actually the beating of my heart attempting to collapse. When he's in front of me, a little distant away, I made a faint smile as I quickly dashed over him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Did you came for me?" I asked with a rattle voice. I buried my face into his chest as my arms were perfectly clutched around his back, "I've been here for an hour, hoping you might stopped by. . ."

It's so hurtful to realize that he wasn't even hugging me back; his hands were still on his both sides. Everything was changed, and I'm stupid to convince myself that it wasn't.

"Who said I did come for you?" Jack finally retorted. He then made a little laugh, "You might be suffering from some delirium."

It was a huge arrow that finally pricked into my back, directed to my heart. It hurts.

"I missed you so much. . . I've always wanted to touch you, to hold you, tp hear your voice again . . . I just missed everything about you, Jack," I said as I ignored his last sentence.

"I didn't," he answered in a deep voice.

One more painful words, my tears are going to explode. Joker's arms suddenly lifted in the air, and I thought he's going to hug me even tighter and deeper but I was so wrong. He held me on my both shoulders and pushed me away from him.