Chapter13: Officially hired

What happened yesterday night was the unforgettable. Joker was caught by the Bat and the cops; and for him, I brought them when I know in myself I didn't.

It was just happened when finally I had made up my mind. I told Harleen, Taylor, and Jeremy that he threatened me that he would kill them if I refused to come with him. My friends objected my decisions but I couldn't do anything. I'd decided to come anyway.

The night when I drove my way off to the park, I saw no one. I was standing at the edge of the place, near at the lamp post; looking around to see if the clown was already there. It was a cold breeze. Until I heard a loud noise at my right direction so I thought, I must go there although my heart was thumping due to nervousness, I did go.

And the scene, was the moment when I saw the Joker lying on the ground with a thick rope around his body and the cops beside him.

It made a slight pain in my chest when he accused me that I betrayed him even if I didn't. I was there at the other corner of the park, I was there waiting without anyone.

"Shut up traitor!" He yelled at me as if I did a monstrous thing in his entirely life.

I was speechless that I couldn't even defend and explain myself; his gaze was filled with hate and rage - he didn't even smile at me just like what he used to do especially when he wanted me to be pissed.

Joker got on to the cop - mobile with the policemen and from there, I realized that he was the only one who came at the park. . . no one but him. Just like me, he waited; I'm just staring at him as he stared back, and even though he's unable to see, I made a faint smile at him, feeling sorry for the clown.

From pulling a deep sigh, I turned back, walking to the direction where I came from until I spotted a thing. . .

"Joker's phone?" I thought myself. I leaned down and grabbed it from the ground. "Maybe he fell this."

I scanned the phone and his text messages which made me to smile a little.

I'll pick you by myself and drag you into my car if you didn't show yourself.

Words that kept on repeating on my head. Until I slept that night, the scene was still fleshed.

This morning, I woke up but still lying on the bed. It's already 6:30 am and I still feel some laziness to get up - thinking of what happened; I thought, I would wake up in his hideout but no. I can say that I still have a normal life like, sleeping in my apartment, I'm able to see my friends, go to the malls and so on. I'm still a blessed person.

Minutes gone by, I got up and stood toward the small nightstand at my bedside as I spotted his two phones: the one which was fell when they probably dragging him, and the second was the one that he gave me.

I remembered his messages that actually brought chills to my spine but then again, there was a part of that I wish I could go back time and explain myself to him.

I was in the middle of thinking when my phone vibrated, the other one which I bought.

"Care to go here? I'd worked over your papers and you can start your first day by tomorrow. By the way, the Joker was brought here and I found myself a lil' relief because I know, you are safe.
6:33 am√

Harleen texted me and everything was settled. I'll be working in Asylum. Part of me was excited and at the same time, I could feel tension. This was a hard responsibility.

--

I drove my way and reached the Asylum. Just like before, Harleen waited me at the doorway.

As we entered, I found that Harleen wasn't in her Arkham uniform; everything was now reached its changes.

"Joker was brought here and his face couldn't paint." Harleen started as we were walking to her office.

I stooped my head and everything flashed back on my head, "He thought I betrayed him. . ."

"You can clean your name when you finally have a session to begin with him."

"Well, I guess you're right."

"Hayley," she continued as she gazed upon me with a simple curved on her lips. "Please take care of yourself. . . sometimes, I'm thinking if it was right that I let you to be enter this world. You've been chasing by him and as far as I know, you caught hid attention that he's wanting you so bad."

I just looked at her, decoding her thoughts. Then I realized, she's right. My life was perfectly fine until I met the clown. He was fascinated at me, just like I'm fascinated about his past.

"Everything will be fine, Doctor Harleen." I replied with a smile, "I think. . . there's a part or maybe there's a part of him where he can control himself. he didn't hurt me anyway."

Harleen and I headed to her office and entered. I noticed that her things were packed, the room was quite fixed.

"Are you going?" I asked.

"My fiancé wanted our marriage to be done, so we have a flight later." she replied. then she walked towards the cabinet and from there, she took an Arkham coat and handed it to me.

"It's all yours." she uttered with a wide smile, "tomorrow you can start your day, but we have to go in the office of the officials, they are waiting."

We exited her office then we headed to the said place at the third floor. As she pushed the door knob, the doctors inside who looked friendly, greeted me with their cheerful and friendly smile on their faces.

"Welcome!" they said with campaigned on their hands.

We were happy as the doctors tried to keep in touch. I've gotten two friends: Doctor Leonardo and Doctor Crane.

He was a good man, he's gentle and mild. until I recognized that he was the man who wore a dark rimmed-eyeglasses whom I saw in the corner when Joker got poisoned.

"Whenever you need something, you can always go to me Doctor Williams." Crane uttered as he lifted his campaigned glass to have some cheers.

I smiled and touched his glass through mine, "Thank you."

After a few moments, everybody went into their designated job. I also met Dr. Arkham who seemed a good man for me. He gave me a good luck as he welcomed me here as a new Psychiatrist.

"Are you ready to be the Joker's doctor?" he asked, "Because as far as I know, you're the one who's going to take over Dr. Harleen's position here."

"Yes doc and that's a privilege." I replied.

"Be careful to the clown and good luck."

That means, they're really terrified of him. I wish I could do my job well, as his doctor and my goal now is to cure him.

"Bessy I think I must go now," Harleen said as she held my hands. "You have to prepare for tomorrow, Joker has scheduled for treatment."

"Thanks for reminding me. . . Have a nice trip." I replied when I tightened my grip on his hands.

Tomorrow will be the start of my first day here; not knowing what might happen for the next days as his psychiatrist. But all I know is, I shall be more understanding about his condition, and the clown - as my patient is my top priority.

A/n: (edited and rewritten) Hi guys, hope you like this new reedited and rewritten chapter; I'm still doing lots of major edits, I will finish it all before publishing a new book. Anyways, have fun reading!