Lost in the woods (part 3)

Yuu's P.O.V

Her words were still ringing in my head.

"Idiot........ Don't ever risk your life for me again........ No matter how serious it is........... Promise me!!"
She said to me in tears

"If you were about to die and even if I couldn't save you I would still find a way...."
I replied

"Promise me!!"
She yelled

"I promise"
I finally agreed

Why?
why did I promise her that?

"AAAAHHHHH"
A horrified scream suddenly interrupted my thoughts.

Shinoa!!

I grabbed my sword and quickly got up and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I reached the lake and all I saw was my cape by the edge but no Shinoa . I looked  around and noticed something splashing in the water.

A horrifying thought struck my brain.

Shinoa!!!

she's drowning!!!

I can't let her die!!!

not before I tell her how I feel ......

but the promise....

who cares about the fucking promise

I gotta save her!!

I threw my sword next to the cape on the ground and jumped into the lake. I frantically swam  towards the splashing , suddenly just as I was about to reach her the splashing stopped and the water was completely still.

My heartbeat sped up , it throbbed with fear of losing her,and my eyes widened at the horrible thought.

I immediately closed my eyes,took a deep breath, and dove down underwater,with the horrible thought of loosing her still in my head.

I have to find her!!!

I can't loose her,I can't live without her!
I opened my eyes and I finally saw her.
Her head was thrown back,her knees were bent in an effort to stay afloat,and her arms were bent and floating besides her head. I reached out my hand and tried to grab her,but it was no use,she was so close yet so far.

 I reached out my hand and tried to grab her,but it was no use,she was so close yet so far