Chapter 48

Samantha's POV

He handed me the box and I looked at it with anticipation. I opened it, my eyes widened and I couldn't stop smiling. It's a beautiful necklace. But not just any necklace. It has a big diamond 'S' on it.

"Oh my god! Niall! It's beautiful!" I exclaimed.

"That's not all, turn the 'S' over." He said. I turned it over and gasped in excitement. On the back of the 'S' said 'Niall's Princess.' It was engraved into it. I couldn't get the smile off my face. I can't possible by any happier then I am right now.

"Here, let me put it on you." He offered, taking the necklace. I turned around and Niall swept my hair back. It kind of tickled as he put it on me. The necklace isn't too heavy, it feels so right.

I turned back to him, blushing. "It's perfect, thank you."

"This way when I'm away at work, a part of me will always be with you." I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

"I love you so much." I snuggled up closer to him and laid my head on his chest. We contined to watch the movie and I slowly began to fall asleep. Little did I know about the night I'm about to have.

*

I am in a pool of water. Luckily my head is above the water so I can breathe. It is a large body of water. I looked around and noticed that I'm by myself. It looks like I'm in some kind of lake. It's not a normal lake because when I look down into the water, I can't see my feet. It is completely pitch black.

I started panicking when I realised I could see any land. I have to keep myself above the water because I can't touch the bottom. All of a sudden I could feel a swift current around my legs, almost like something is beneath my feet. I started to move my arms and legs around, hoping that somehow I can protect myself.

The current disappeared under me and everything went calm. Way too calm. It feels like I'm in some sort of horror movie, just waiting for something bad to happen to me.

My feelings were confirmed. All of a sudden I could feel something touch my foot. Not like a fish but like a human hand. I thrashed my legs around some more and decided to try and swim away from the thing that was under me. I kicked my arms and legs and desperately tried to swim. All of a sudden the same thing touched my leg but this time it's whole hand wrapped around my ankle. It's slowly starting to pull me down under the water.

I used all my force to try to stay above the water but it was no use. The thing pulling me is too strong. I started to kick even harder. I knew that I wasn't going down without a fight. My arms are beginning to go weak as I try to move them faster. The thing pulled me under the water and there is nothing I can do about it. I know nothing can save me now. I will need a miracle to get out of this.

I am almost out of breath and my lungs are burning for air. I can feel as if any second, my lungs are going to collapse. My limbs are failing me and I don't have much more left in me. Fortunately I managed to kick the thing with my foot and the grip released from my ankle. I struggled to swim back to the top. As soon as my head was out of the water, I began to gasp for air. I need to get out of this. I began to desperately swim forward with all the force I have left in me. I am slowly moving forward but I am still moving.

"Get back here bitch!" A male voiced yelled behind me. I can recognise that voice from anywhere. I instantly tuned around and looked into his red bloodshot eyes. Chase. I began to put all the pieces together. He is the one that's in the water pulling me down. I started to panic all over again. Another thought came across my mind. He wants to kill me.

I frantically started to try and swim away but he was too fast for me. Before I know it, I'm under water for the second time, fighting for my life. I can see tiny bubbles escaping my mouth from the lack of air coming to my lungs. I can feel myself being pulled farther and farther into the water, away from my safety. My lungs now feel like they are on fire. I have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to live through this.