Chapter 40

"So what now?" I ask impatiently after breaking our kiss.

"What do you mean?" Harry said raising an eyebrow.

"I mean... What now?" I repeat.

"Where are you living anyways?" Harry says changing the topic.

"I'm living in Liam's apartment right in the city." I answer and feel Harry's grip around my thigh tighten slightly.

"Why." He said trying to control his breathing.

"Because I'm saving up money to get a place of my own." I said getting off his lap and into a spot next to him.

"Why did you come back to London?" He asked

"I wanted to run from my problems but I guess London wasn't a good place to come back." I awkwardly chuckle.

"I know what happened with Zayn and Ellen, you know..." He surprised me, I didn't know he knew about the whole split thing.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well I think I should go home now, I have work tomorrow.." I said getting up and grabbing my bag and keys off the other couch.

"You can just stay here." He quickly got up to catch me before I went out the door.

"I really can't, maybe some other time." I said

"Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled and walked me to my car.

When I got home Liam was asleep and I quickly made my way upstairs and went to sleep.

~

"Where did you go last night?" Liam asked over breakfast.

"Harry called.." I waited for his reaction.

"And...?" He said suddenly interested.

"I don't know, what do you want me to say?" I was surprised by how casual Liam was being about this whole thing.

"Are you guys back together?"

"I wish I knew." I said not really knowing the answer. I honestly did not know what harry and I were, and as for back together... I think it's gonna take a lot more than a kiss for him to forgive me. I mean I wouldn't forgive me, I walked out.

"Okay well I have to get moving, I have work." He smiled and kisses my cheek before grabbing his things and leaving.

That aswell was my cue to get to work.

A/N: I know it's a short chapter but I needed something to recover from the last dramatic chapter.