Chapter 14

Chapter 14 Dire visit

I woke up with the trees looking down on me and chattering in the back. When I rose up from the ground, I found the rest of the soldiers sitting in groups, comforting each other and helping the wounded. I wobbled to stand but I was able to walk again. I walked over to Eren and the rest of the gang.

"Eren, where are we?" I sat beside Armin noticing that Jean was lying behind them.

"Jean!" I gasped

"It's okay, he's still alive. He probably has a concussion." Armin reassured me.

"We're really close to the wall, we're just resting and laying low for now." Eren responded to my question.

"I can't believe, they'd do such a thing." Connie looked down at the ground.

"Don't worry Connie, we'll get back at them! They'll pay for all the suffering we've been through." Eren laid his hand on his shoulder.

I looked around searching for Erwin, worried about his wound.

"Where's Erwin? And Christa?" I stood up.

Everyone simultaneously looked away from me.

"Armin? Eren?" the two boys avoided my gaze as if I was invisible.

"Erwin was sent ahead to a doctor. We're told to wait here for the wagons, so we can carry the rest." Mikasa answered bluntly.

We sat there for hours, wondering if there was help coming here. It was hard to start a conversation, since they were all in a glum mood. Since Erwin was gone, Rico was sent over here ti take charge. Bored for just sitting around I got up and walked around.

"Not so far, Cheoki." She yelled

Once I had walked about ten feet further, I laid on the grass and leaves, I closed my eyes and tried to relax myself.

Everyone is going to be alright. We're fine, everything's going to be fine.

I listened to the wind that whispered to me, the soldiers that talked, the animals running away, and the chirpping of strange birds. I began to grow worried when the noise started to sound more human than animal. That was no bird, it's a signal.

Without a doubt I've heard that sound before. I hurried back to our waiting spot.

"Everyone, we must leave now! This is a trap spot, we must leave before they-" an arrow had interfered my warning and knocked me down. Once my arm began to bleed, everyone ran off as quick as they can out of the firest.

"Cheoki, what's the meaning of this!?" Rico yelled

"I know that sound! Back in my tribe we used tunes and whistles to communicate. This is one of them!" I turned back to everyone who stood back to back holding their swords.

I ran up in front of them, took a deep breath and yelled in the top of my lungs.

"I, Cheoki, daughter of Head Chief Kano of the Mis Tribe. I command you to show yourself with hands held high!"

...........

"Cheoki? Cheoki, is that you?" a voice of a young boy answered me. Though I could not see him, I heard footsteps draw closer to us. The boy appeared before us with his hands raised high and weapon on the ground, behind him were two more.

"I am Kai, son of Kano the Great!" he yelled back, from the moment he spoke again, I remembered his voice.