Chapter 26 part 3

Chapter 26 part 3

I made sure that no one noticed me leave but that tragically failed when I bumped into something hard. I looked up to Reiner's face.

"You okay down there?" He backed up.

"Yeah I'm fine. I wasn't really expecting your stomach to be that hard." I said as I massaged my jaw.

"That's the result of many years of training. Pretty impressive, huh?" He chuckled.

"I'd say so. Anyways please excuse me, I better get going." I said looking down at my feet.

"Wait, where are you heading? If you haven't noticed the party's that way. Don't tell me my abs hit your head that hard." he laughed.

"Don't get so cocky. I'm not headed to the party, I was going to-" seeing that I couldn't think of any excuse, I slumped down to the floor.

Reiner decided to join me and patted my head with his heavy hand.

"So do you mind sharing?"

I contemplated for a second but really I guess I could trust him. He should understand since he is a shifter as well.

"What's Grisha's plan for me?" I sighed.

"Well from what I heard he's planning to tweek with your DNA samples. From that he's going to use you as the test subject again."

"I don't want to lose my mind again."

"For someone whose lived about hundred years or so, you're not really advanced." He chuckled

"That whole time I thought I was just sleeping. When Kano brought me back, I forgotten all about my past."

"Don't worry if you ever lose control we'll make sure you come back." He slapped my arm and got up. He extended his hand to me and helped me up.

"Reiner wait" I called after him as he walked back to the party. "Please don't tell Levi."

"Yeah, yeah I know." he waved back.

Once he made it back, I turned around and continued my way to the prison cave. When I reached the cave I found two guards waiting there. I approached them and pulled my hood back.

"Cheoki, daughter of Kano, what may we do for you?" The younger guard, Terto asks.

"You two may go to the party until I call for you again. I would like to have a word with Grisha. Also no one should know that I'm here, understood?" I ordered.

Both guards saluted me and went on their way. I entered the cave with a torch in one hand. In front of the cage was a pile of fire wood which I lit so I wouldn't have to keep my arm up.

"Well, well look how much you've grown. It's been a while hasn't it?" Grisha smiled.

"I have some questions to ask you." I glared at him. His face grew serious and sat back in his cage.

"You want to know my plan to create a cure and if I was serious about. And yes, I am serious about it. I didn't say that just so I can live but more importantly you want to know if you're going to live. And by live your not just talking about the drug. How am I doing so far?" He smirked.

I remained speechless and wondered how long he could keep up this one sided conversation.

"You've noticed how weak you've become. No matter how much you will eat and train you'll never regain that strength back. I'm afraid it may be a bit risky for you to change back to human form."

"You're wrong, Grisha. I know I'm strong and I'll live." I interrupted him.

"Your spirits are strong but physically you're not." Grisha frowned.