Chapter 15

Chapter 15 Enigma

After the incident Rowtag was put in a seperate cell, where he was kept far away from the others. As for the his followers, each was called up for questioning.

Kai:

Kai was sent upstairs where Levi and Erwin waited for him. He plopped himself on the chair, with the same smirk he always wore. As the two asked questions, Armin sat at the side taking notes on their conversation.

Erwin: So Kai, I've heard that you are the youngest child of the Great Kano.

Kai: You bet! Even old men in the tribe bow down to me, even though I'm not the proper age to rule.

Erwin: How old would you have to be?

Kai: Probably as old as Cheoki, we don't really have proper ages. But it's not just age that counts, it also depends on your skills and intelligence.

Levi: Did Cheoki even accomplish any of those?

Kai: That rule usually apply to boys. She wasn't even suppose to rule.

Erwin: What do you mean? Isn't she the oldest?

Kai grew silent, his smile had faded away.

Levi: Oi brat, answer him!

Kai: A long time ago when I was just a toddler we had an older brother, Akuma, he was next in line before he was eaten by a giant.

Levi: A titan?

Kai: I think that's why Cheoki is so against her marriage. The tribe needs it's ruler. Also that girl, Hima, she was my brother's fiance. But she's not of ruling blood.

Erwin: What will happen is she refuses?

Kai: Well then it'd go to my other brother, Hanto but he became a spiritual interperter so he can not marry. Anyways she has to or else our treaty with the Bullheads is canceled.

Erwin: what's the contract?

Kai: If Cheoki doesn't agree to marry him then Rowtag has the right to either abandon the tribe or maybe even enslave us.

Levi: Is there a way to cancel that marriage?

Kai: I'm not really sure. Cheoki would probably know.

Levi: What do you think of Rowtag?

Kai: I don't trust him, I feel that he's hiding something. I just don't like the fact that he's been following Cheoki, it's really creepy.

Levi: Why would he be following her?

Kai: I don't know.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hima

Erwin: Hima, Kai tells me that you were betrothed to his brother Akuma, is that true?

Hima: Yes, at that time it was fine for the him to marry me because there was no other tribe to combine with. But that day never came.

Erwin: I'm very sorry to hear that.

Hima: It's fine, I've grown quite close to the family. I think of Cheoki as my sister and her brothers as my brothers. Though I do have an actual brother but he's been missing since the wedding.

Erwin: We heard that you said that the tribe is on it's way to the ocean. Why is that?

Hima: Chief Kano plans to settle there were there are barely any of these things you call titans.

Erwin: How does he know that?

Hima: A not so long ago when Cheoki was dying of a sickness, he met a suspicious doctor in the middle of the woods. The man saved Cheoki and claimed that he was headed to the ocean. He said he had something hidden there that would save us from the titans.

Levi: Hey, do you have any idea who this man was or what he looked like?!

Hima: All I remember was that he wore glass around his eyes. He was very intelligent and was probably as old as you.

Erwin: Do you have any idea where they are?

Hima: They're probably still on their way,they were by the moutains when we left.

Erwin: alright Hima this will be your last question. What does Rowtag plan to do here?

Hima: Honestly I don't know. I don't think he'll leave unless Cheoki comes with us. We have been seaching for such a long time, hopefully she'll agree.

Levi: Good luck with that. She's probably the most stubborn person I've ever met.

Hima:*chuckles* I think I'll be fine.

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

Alonzo

Erwin: Tell me Alonzo, what's your opinion about this place?

Lonzo: It's very impressive,like a dream. But I'm still a little suspicious, it seems too good to be true.

Levi: At least your honest.

Lonzo: You can't rust kids these days, they are constant liars.

Erwin: You don't trust your own tribe?

Lonzo: I know something's up. I can feel tension in their auras. Besides everyone has something they want to hide.

Erwin: You're pretty observant.

Lonzo: Well I only notice these things since I am Chief Rowtag's royal servant.

Erwin: How long have you known him?

Lonzo: I've known that brat since he was born. He's only grown stronger and more hard headed since then.

Levi: So he's always been that abusive.

Lonzo: The Mis and Bullhead tribes are complete opposites. From I've witnessed the Mis Tribe is far more peaceful and think things through while the Bullheads are vicious people. From the moment they can talk and walk they are put into training. Not to mention that there are barely any women due to their harsh ways.

Erwin: That's why they want to combine tribes.

Lonzo: Exactly, the Mis needs protection while the Bullheads need... reproduction.