Chapter 11 part 2

Chapter 11 part 2

Since I was still weak, my father was hunting more often to feed our people. Rowtag used this opprotunity to earn my mothers trust. With my mother on his side, it didn't take him long to persuade him that he was the "right one" for me.

He shared many tales of his battles. He even brought a bear and moose back to my tribe to show off his strength. He also won a fight with several other men to prove his worthiness to me, but I never even bothered to glance at him.

Seeing how strong he was, my father eventually gave in. After the approval, the next day he came with me to go hunting for breakfast. My father claimed that he was ill and stayed in bed, so we went alone.

Seeing that we were barely even aquaintences, our walk was silent.

"Cheoki, daughter of the Great Tribe Leader Kano and princess of the forest," he said with a great husky voice. " I bear joyful news to you." he smiled

I simply ignored him and walked further ahead. Still trying to get my attention, Rowtag ran in front of me, forcing me to stop.

"Rowtag, if we don't move now then people are gonna starve." I said in a stern tone.

He pulled out a white flower from behind, the same ones that I picked to decorate my tent. Attached to it was a stand of jade beads, the ones that my mother wore when she was a teen. This was an engagement.

He pushed my hood off and placed the crown of beads on my head.

"I have received a blessing from both of your parents and proved myself worthy to them. With our tribes combined, our people will be safe."

I gazed at him in shock.

"I knew you'd make a great bride." he whispered, sticking the flower behind my ear.

I quickly pushed him away and ran deeper into the woods. I hid in the shadows, avoiding the moonlight.

"Cheoki! Cheoki!" he screamed with anger not caring if a titan had heard him.

"There's no point in hiding." he chuckled "everyone knows! Everyone knew I'd be proposing today."

He looked through the bushes and climbed several trees.

"Even your parents can't help you now. Come on Cheoki, think of your people." After a couple hours later he gave up and headed back to the village.

Once I felt safe, I got up and tried to find my way back. As I walked I heard a strange sound. When I turned around, Rowtag jumped out of a bush and tackled me to the ground. I tried to scream but he covered my mouth and pinned me down.

"Cheoki, I really didn't want to be the bad guy here. All I wanted was to just talk to you! How difficult can that be!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'll listen, I swear!" I cried

"I'm not gonna let you ruin my chances! I can save everyone, all you have to do is be a supportive wife and play along." he leaned closer to my face.

"I hate you. I really do hate you." I whimpered, with his demonic eyes staring into mine.

"You'll learn to love me. I know you will." Before getting up, he kissed my cheek and left.

"I'll see you later." he chuckled