Chapter 30 part 2

Chapter 30 part 2

I glanced over my shoulder and saw that the white wolf he was riding was charging straight toward me. I weezed and coughed from the smoke thickening behind me, it was getting hard to see where I was going.

Again I looked back but all I could see was the thick smoke. Then in the black clouds came a small white speck progressively growing bigger. The wolf used it's last bit of strength to run at my ankles, snapping it's jaws.

Up ahead was the river which gave me a risky idea. If I timed my jump right, I could make it to the other side of the river and maybe the wolf would fall in.

Once The floor turned to mud I prepared myself to make the jump. Once my foot touched the edge I pushed off the ground and flew through the air. I grabbed onto the ledge on the other side as for the wolf it fell into the river, however it managed to grab onto my dress.

My hands began to slip from the mud and I didn't have to strength to myself up. The current kept pulling me down along with the wolf. At this point the only thing I could really do was let go and hope that I'll be able to swim out.

Slowly I loosened my grip and finally my hand slipped and dropped myself into the cold water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As he was holding Rowtag back, Levi watched his greatest love disappear right before his eyes. As he watched her leave, it gave Rowtag the opportunity to elbow Levi and escape from his hold.

Rowtag rolled away from him and blew at his whistle. In response to it, the white wolf appeared and followed Cheoki's scent. Levi quickly got up and began to run after it but Rowtag tackled him to the floor.

"Where do you think your going?" Rowtag laughed throwing small knifes at him.

Levi jumped out of the way and stumble by a burning tree. Within a second the tree had grown weak and collapsed. The tree fell right in between them, although he was safe, Cheoki wasn't.

His only passage to find Cheoki was blocked. Rowtag got up and smirked at him.

"I'll let you know when I find your girl out there. If you get lost follow the sounds of her screams." He smiled and ran off into the woods.

"DAMN IT!" Levi pounded his fists into the ground, leaving dents.

Desperate to find her, he quickly ran into the thicket trying to find a way to cut into Rowtag's trail. With the closely planted trees and the dark smoke, it became hard to even see and breathe.

"HEY, CHEOKI!" He yelled but the only noise he was able to hear was his own echoes.

He looked up to the sky which had grown darker and cloudy. He grew even more anxious knowing that it was not only going to be night but there won't be a moon to guide them.

"Cheoki! Cheoki answer me!" he kept on yelling.

***************************

There was a loud rumbling sound that startled me awake. I slowly opened my eyes, I was laying on top of a rock in the lake. I looked up to the sky, it was dark and drizzling water on me.

I pushed my upper body up but fell back down from the pain of being pushed by the rough waters. I looked over to the end of my dress and saw how torn and stained it was. Thankfully the wolf must have been washed off somewhere else.

Luckily the shore wasn't that far, so I mustered up enough strength to swim over and drag my body back on land. My dress and hands were coated with mud and leaves, barely any white was showing. I fell back on my heels and wiped off the tears or maybe it was just the rain.

"Why did this happen?" I broke down and sat there, having a good cry.

"Why are you crying?" A little voice called out to me.

I quickly lifted my head and turned around to find who that little voice belonged to.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" I called out. Then out of the bushes came a little girl. When she lifted her face, I instantly knew who she was. It was me when I was a little girl.

When she stood right in front of me, I rubbed my eyes and shook my head. This wasn't possible, I'm obviously hallucinating or something.

"Are you lost? Did you lose your mommy and daddy?" She crouched down in front of me with a very concerned look on her face.

This isn't happening. I'm losing it, I'm really losing it now. I looked over at her and wiped my face. I thought I was finally freed from the craziness that went on in that titan but as it turns out I could not escape from it.

"Yeah, I'm pretty lost. I have no idea were I am right now." I sniffled.

"I'm lost too, we can go together so no one will be alone." she smiled and held her hand out to me.

Amazingly her hand felt so real, like she was really here. I pulled myself up and together we walked into the forest.

"I like your dress. It's really pretty. Are you a bride?" She smiled up at me.

"Thank you. I was a bride." I forced a smile.

"I always wanted to get married. I wanted to marry a prince and live up in the hills. Then I'd have four kids and a pretty farm. Who did you marry?"

"Well, I'm not married yet. My wedding was interrupted but you can say it was like we were already married." I began to think about all the moments we had together which made me grin. "He's like a prince to me. He's strong, brave, caring, and always by my side. He fulfilled my dreams and I could have never wished for anything better than him."

The little me suddenly stopped and let go of my hand. I looked back at her and asked why did she stop.

"I'm never going to get married. All I could do is wish for that moment but it'll never happen. I'm so sorry but fate has something else in mind for me." She said with a serious face.

"What are you talking about?"

"You think that I have no idea what's going on but I do. You're fate has always been grim but you escaped it several times and now fate is going to make you pay for it."

"What do you-"

"Fate is taken form of a man. He will be the one to take your life from your hands. Be aware of him." Her voice distorted and slowly began to disappear from the blow of the wind.

I ran over to her and hold onto her remains but she then turned to dust in my hands. I fell to my knees and hugged them close to my chest. I was really losing it.

"It's going to be okay. Everything is going to be alright." I cried as I tried to coax myself to calm down and ignore the little girl's words.

But then I suddenly stopped and remain quiet when I heard rustling noises and foot steps in the woods. I remain on the ground listened carefully for the direction this person was coming from.