Chapter 16 part 2

Chapter 16 part 2

That night, I couldn't sleep. All I thought of was the fight, I prayed to stars hoping that they'd give me the strength to beat him. I walked to my window, opened it and sat on the ledge. The air was fresh and cool, I looked out to the rest of the town admiring it's beauty.

"Can't sleep?" He stood by my door with a wine bottle in hand. I motioned him to come over and sit on the roof with me. He poured the wine into a small cup and chucked it down.

"I heard that drinking isn't good for you."

"I'm old enough to enjoy a glass." he poured himself another cup but this time he handed it over to me. "I think you're old enough."

I sipped the cup and immediately spat it out. I coughed at the small amount that slipped down my throat. Levi pulled out a handkerchief and wiped my mouth.

"I didn't really expect you to like it."

"I'm glad we don't have that." I handed the cup over to him, he drank up the rest.

"I can't lose." I hugged my knees to my chest and rest my head on them.

"More importantly you can't let your friends know what you really are. If you change into a titan, not only will you scare them but they won't trust you or us."

"Nothing's ever easy. I hope the gods are merciful and bring peace to me in the other lands."

"What?"

"Don't you believe in reincarnation or the holy ones?"

"I don't really have a specific belief.
Things happen out of the decisions we make."

"I've been having dreams of pink trees with their leaves flying around me. I hope when I die, I'll be put somewhere beautiful." Levi put his hand on my head and whispered.

"You shouldn't be talking about that, besides I still need you to watch my back for when we go back to Shiganshina."

"Yes, sir!"

The next morning, I woke up on my window and a blanket wrapped around me.

"You better get dressed." Levi called from the door drinking his coffee. I hurried over to my closet and changed my night gown to a cream dress. When I got out, Levi gave me a 'Are you seriously going to fight your crazy ass fiance wearing that' look. I took the knife on the table and cut up the botton so my legs were free to move around.

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

The fight was to take place in the training grounds where an arena was set. Rowtag was already inside, his upper body and face were decorated in war paint. Behind the fence were the others who were chained together so they couldn't help either of us.
Before the fight we were patted to check if we had any weapons on us.
Around the arena were other trainees and soldiers ready to cheer.

"Now you two here are the rules. First, you don't have to kill each other but you do have to pin your opponent. Second, you are not allowed to sneak in any weapons here. Any questions?" Hanji came up to us at the center.

"You said you'd bring it." Rowtag stretched his arm to her. Hanji sighed and took out the crown of beads that she was to wear.

"Winner will make the plans and recieve this. You two ready?"

"Ready." Rowtag got into his fighting position and waited for Cheoki to move.

"Let's get this over with." She growled as she got into her position.

When Hanji blew her whistle and the fight had begun. The two charged at each other with fists flying in the air. When Cehoki made the first strike, Rowtag blocked her hand and sweeped her leg. Cheoki gasped when she hit the ground but she was able to roll away before Rowtag could pin her.

As Cheoki tried to run away, Rowtag grabbed her hair and pulled her to him. Once she reached him, he kneed her lower back and then threw her body to the fence. Cheoki trembled to stand up and used the fence to support her body. Feeling confident, Rowtag picked up a rock and walked over to her.

"Cheoki, get your ass up or else you'll be in a cast in your own wedding!" Eren yelled.

"Hell no!" Cheoki roared as she mustered up all her titan strength to tackle Rowtag to the ground. The two rolled around the ground, both desperate to pin the other down.

Rowtag got on top of Cheoki and began to choke her but she quickly kneed his stomach and tried to run off. Rowtag grabbed her leg, tripping her once again. Amazingly, Cheoki quickly got up and kicked dust in his eyes.

She then got on him and pushed all of her weight on his shoulders trying to pin him. But he reached over, grabbed a smooth rock and hit her head. Once she fell down, he pushed her body off and gasped for air.

"Looks like I win again, babe." he smirked as he slowly got up. But when he turned her body over, he found her with eyes wide open, giving him a blank stare. Her body rose and wobbled to stand up.

Rowtag worriedly ran over to her, checking if she was okay.

"Cheoki, Cheoki!" he grabbed her shoulders but she pushed his hand away and viciously kicked him to the fence. As Cheoki was running over, everybody could see a sense of fear in Rowtag's face.

"At this rate, she'll change into a titan." Erwin whispered to Levi.

"Hanji!" Levi called. Hanji hurried over to them with a syringe in her hand.
Cheoki grabbed Rowtag and threw him at Hanji, warning her to keep away.

"Rowtag, it's too dangerous for you to be near her." Hanji grabbed him but he swiped her hand away.

"No, this ends now!" he charged at her with full speed but she was able to hold his hand before it could hit her face. With his hand still in hers, Cheoki snapped his hand back.

Rowtag screamed in pain but Cheoki showed no emotion and fiercely pushed him to the ground. Once she was on top, she leaned over and whispered him his ear.

"5...4..3...2...1. Game over."

After that she began to laugh psychotically, giving Hanji the chance to sedate her before she could kill him.