Chapter 15 part 2

Chapter 15 part 2

After the last interrogation, Erwin and Levi went over their notes that Armin had written.

"I don't like this Rowtag kid. All of them agree that he's vicious and a complete bastard." Levi quickly skimmed through the notes, marking certain parts.

"I'm very curious about the doctor Hima had mentioned." Erwin rubbed his temples to ease his headache.

"You don't suppose it was..."

"Who knows, anything can happen

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

I woke up in the hospital once again. I wobbled out of bed and changed my clothes. Since no one expected me to be awake I was able scavange a large shirt and shorts. When I opened the door, I stood in the empty hallway and slowly made my way downstairs.

When I stopped by the window to look at the sun, I heard footsteps moving in a fast pace. I suddenly found myself face to face with Hanji when I walked closer to the end of the hall.

"Well, well, well looks who's awake. How are you feeling"? She lifted her head so she was able to see over the tower of books she carried.

"A lot better."

"Say, what are you doing right now?"

"Nothing really, I just woke up and felt like walking around."

"Good, then you can tag along with me! Everyone else is still sleeping." she dumped the other half of her books into my arms.

"What time is it?" I followed her up a flight of stairs.

"It's probably 6:30 by now, I just woke up early to get a head start on my research papers. You've been alseep for a while."

When we reached the third floor, we stumbled into a private library where Hanji goes to do some thinking. I dropped all her books on the table and plopped myself down on a chair. Once Hanji had settled down she poured some coffee and began reading her papers. I on the other hand just laid my head on the table.

"You seem pretty down. Anything you want to talk about?" she said flipping through pages but I just kept quiet.

"Is this about your fiance and your tribe?" Hanji asked finally looking up.

"Yeah, I don't know what to do anymore. How can I face them, after all they been through to find me. It's just not fair sometimes." I deeply sighed to myself.

" I see now, you don't really want to leave. Why is that?"

"It's just that I have a reason to stay here now. Before I didn't trust anyone but now it's gonna hurt to part from you guys."

"Protecting him, aren't you?" she grinned. I immediately lifted my head and stared at her with wide eyes.

"Some soldiers here are calling you his shadow since you're always following him. Even when he's just resting your there watching over him." she chuckled. I felt my face grow hot and red with embarassment.

"However, I do thank you. Levi may not look like it but he does feel, it's nice to know that someone genuinely cares about him. I know the lost of his squad really hit him hard."

"Why is he like that, Hanji?"

"He's been through alot, he's seen the deaths of many and the criticism from the people he protects. He has to be strong for those who can't."

"He deserves a day off or something. He's still hurt but yet he still insists on working. Erwin too."

"Their devotion is what drives them to keep going on. Just like you and your people."

"I can't marry Rowtag, I don't love him." I laid my head back on the table but with my eyes still fixed on Hanji, she began to grin.

"My love is saved for someone else."