Chapter 31 part 2

Chapter 31 part 2

Levi led the group into a small clearing where trillions of flowers bloomed in the crack of dawn. The sun had finally begun to show up and shined through the cracks in the branches. The trail ended in the center of the clearing where a body was buried in nature's beauty.

Levi ran up over to her, completely ignoring his pain. He knelt by her side and turned her body over to face him. Her face was smeared with blood and mud. He cradled her in his arms and held her hand, still bleeding from it's wound.

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to save you. I-I'm so sorry." he whispered to her. From the sound of his voice, Cheoki slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him.

"Y-you're...here." she breathed.
Levi leaned in the kiss her softly. Hanji and Erwin came over to knelt beside her as well.

"Hanji...Erwin..."she giggled softly.

"Hey, how are you doing, kid?" Erwin petted her head.

"Fine... getting...sleepy."

"Just hang on a little longer, Cheoki. You want to stay awake for your mother and father don't you?" Hanji smiled sweetly.

"Hanji...I give...I give you...my blood." she breathed heavily as she held on to her side which gushed even more blood.

"Cheoki..." Hanji gasped. "I can't do it. You need it more than ever at this point." Hanji began to cry.

"N-no... not anymore." She flinched a smile.

Hanji covered her sobs with her hand and leaned over to kiss her forehead. "You're the most beautiful bride I've ever seen and I'm so happy to have had the chance to meet you." She began to cry as Erwin took her away for a moment.

**************************

I looked up at Levi, the sun glowed behind him and the leaves fell from the trees. The pink sky made the leaves look almost like a red-ish pink color. It was just like the vision I had a long time ago.

"Levi..." I gently touched his face with my clean but bruised hand.

"Don't you give up now, we can still make it! I can still get you home and get you to Mr. Yeager. We still have a chance but you have keep on fighting!" He argued with his eyes watering.

I laid my finger on his lips and smiled.

"I'm sorry...but n-not this time."

"Damn it, don't say that! Of course, we can! There's still time, we have to move out now!" Just when he tried to get up Erwin yelled out to him.

"Levi! Listen to her!" Erwin's face expression softened. " there's nothing we can do, please just listen to her."

"Levi...I've always...l-loved you."

"Please don't do this. You promised to never leave my side. We're supposed to be a team, you and me." His voice quivered.

"I'll...never really...leave you. I want you to give...this to my father." I reached in my pocket and held out a small white flower entangled in the crown of beads. "Someone...has to take the lead...I was..." I coughed into my hand small specks of blood.

"I...I...was n-never cut out for it."

"Then I'll marry us now." Levi said looking over to Erwin.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to day to witness the..." Erwin's voice trailed off as we both zoned out to our own little world.

With sorrowful eyes, he stared into mine. The wind breezed over making the tree shower us with the pink leaves and the sun shined softly down. It was the perfect wedding ceremony. No words were needed to be expressed except for the answer of...

"I do." Levi and I responded.

"It is my pleasure to announce you both husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." Erwin and Hanji watched us attentively, witnessing our last kiss.

With tears running down his face, he embraced me tightly and kissed my lips once more. This was probably the last kiss that we would share, I closed my eyes as I enjoyed our last moment together. Finally I after all these crazy events my simple dream came true.

When I opened my eyes, I saw that there were people standing behind him. I saw faces of his previous team, Kanta and Nuka, the faces of my real parents,Akuma ,Rowtag and Alonzo. All of them looked down at me with the heavenly glow on them.

The girl with the orange sunset hair leaned over and placed her hand over mine.

"Are you ready?" She asked in a hushed voice.

I touched her hand, answering her offer. Finally, when our lips departed. I breathing began to slow down and took in my last breath. I touched his face one last time before my heart had finally stopped beating.

Within a blink of an eye, I found myself staring down at my body. Levi rested his forehead against mine and began to sob. I kissed his cheek and stood side by side with Nuka and Kanta once again.

"I'm so sorry you two." I sniffled.

"It's fine, Cheoki. There was really nothing you could do about it. Thank you for keeping Hima safe." Nuka squeezed my hand and smiled brightly.

"You were tough out there. Good job." Kanta punched my arm.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." I turned to him. He simply smiled and said. "All is forgotten."

Behind me was my brother Akuma. He embraced me tightly and ruffled my hair.

"You did good out there. And goes for watching over the family when it came to scattering them and making new friends." He grinned just like how Kai did. Right next to him was Rowtag.

He stepped forward, looking down at the ground.

"H-Hey..." he scratched his head still looking away. "I know that I don't deserve to be forgiven at this point but...I'm so sorry, Cheoki." He finally looked at me.

"I don't know if I could ever forgive you for this. You technically murdered me and took away the most precious thing to me. However, I wanted to thank you for giving me the best marriage ceremony of my life." I surprised him by slapping him across the face.

"Yeah, I really did deserve that." He chuckled rubbing his cheek. "I've lost who I really was and turned into a monster. It all became clear once I died. I thought that I'd be alone for the rest of my life after my father died, so I forced myself upon you so I'd have someone to care for. I went nuts once I noticed that even women didn't want me, that's why I did it. I can see clearly now, I was never yours. I truly am sorry Cheoki." He reached his hand out to me.

For the first time, I saw who Rowtag really was and gradually shook his hand with a smile.

Now the girl with the sunset hair turned to me waiting. I looked back at Levi, who cradled my body quietly sobbing to himself.

"I know it's hard to move on. I too had trouble leaving him but once you came into the picture I was at peace."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I knew he'd eventually fall for you and he'd become more careful and give up his reckless ways. Thank you for watching over him." She held onto my hand and gave it a good squeeze.

Behind her was a stunning bright light. It was so beautiful that it brought tears into my eyes. Everyone walked into it expect me. I looked back at Levi and said my final words.

"I love you, Levi. I'll always be your shadow and I'll be waiting for you until it's your time. Then we'll be together again." I smiled and walked right into the heavenly light.