Chapter 11

Chapter 11 On The Outside

About two hours later Hanji returned with the girl in hand. Cheoki was immediately sent to the doctor and was under strict survaillance. Seeing that he wasn't able to fight, Levi went to go visit them.

"I'm surprised you caught her." Levi leaned by the door. Hanji sat beside Cheoki's bedside giving her a quick check up.

"She seems to be in some kind of a coma state. Even in her sleep, she's just as stubborn." She smiled. "I guess this is her version of the ice case."

"Now, we have nothing."

"Not quite, I've got some leads to figuring this out. But first we need to have a little chat with Pastor Nick." she chuckled holding up a stone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know why I'm like this. I don't even know if I was born this way. Was I always a monster? The idea struck me when I recalled a time when I was close to death.

A couple of years ago, I grew deathly sick in the spring after eating a poisonous berry. I had a fever and weak body, everyone was sure that I was going to die. But my fate changed once my father found a suspicious man. This guy claimed to be a doctor and said that he could save me. Noticing that I had little time left, my mother and father agreed to bring him to our tribe.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to picture his face properly. I couldn't even remember his name. The man took care of me for the past three days. On the fourth day we were forced to leave due to the increase in Titan sightings. My mother begged him to stay, so my father went to talk to him.

That night felt like a dream. All I remembered was that I was fiercely held down and felt something pierce through my skin.

"This shot will give her strength. This will keep her alive for the sake of your tribe." Through his glasses I saw the crazy look in his eyes. If I saw his eyes again, I'd know.

I woke up a couple of weeks later. This was the day, Rowtag started looking at me differently. He played his game well, he chose a time when both my father and I were unavailable.